Quick brews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.
Reaction score
So I'm heading down to the southern highlands for a short term contract soon, was wondering what beer styles lend themselves to being quick turn around beers?

I'm thinking of either brewing extract or stovetop ag at a relatives place (that lives about ten minutes away from where I'll be based).

Does anyone have any styles and/or recipes that can be brewed, fermented and bottle conditioned for relatively short times? Obviously the longer they are in the bottle the better they will be, but I'm only there for three months so figure I can probably knock out a few back to back brew afternoons early on.

Any recommendations appreciated, cheers :beer:

A simple 50/50 pale & wheat with hallertauer and wb06. Both times i made it they went from grain to brain in about 2-3 weeks :)

Nice one josh, I've done a 50/50 before using pacifica and 05... might try it still with a NZ hop and the wb-06.

Never used that yeast but I'll give it a crack. Cheers mate!

From memory when I did a Dark english mild it was a pretty quick turn around.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Are low abv beers quicker from grain to brain? Wouldn't mind low alcohol brew if that's the case as there's a fair chance I'll be breath tested most if not all mornings.

Definitely look at a Hefe or Wit with WB06.

If you are not to scared of banana, then brew it a little warm, say 22*.. and it will be done quick smart, maybe 7 days - force carb = 10 days turn around! [If kegging, obviously] With a Wit, you can and should dive in fresh as the Corri and Orange will be more prominent and balance it out more...

Or if you have something brewing now, pitch a cube on a full yeast cake and it will be done in no time, a bigger risk of undesirable flavours but many do it, including me, to no ill affects.

Just some thoughts.

Also, heaps of other threads around with the same conversation, so check them out too!

God speed.

Cheers cocko, a wit has been on my to do list for a bit so it might be the time.
I did try searching but on the moby (so was a bit half arsed) will try again when I get home.
Cheers mate

as others have said wheat is the way to go, you could do an american as well.

English bitter. Really nice when fresh. I do grain to glass in 1 week with a filter.

Nice one fellas, I do like the idea of an American wheat as I'll be brewing with my cousin and he'd go for that without much persuasion required.

Cheers Midnight that thread has given me some other ideas too, as I do like my brown ales I might try knocking one of those out as well.

Cheers again*

*- insert cheers emoticon

Latest posts

Back