Queensland Government Logo Explained

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I've often wondered what the new Queensland Government logo (introduced in the last few years) was meant to represent.

Queensland_government.jpeg

Now I know.
It represents the Queensland Public being spat out after every possible cent has been minced out of them

Queensland_government_2.jpeg

<_<

Edit: I wonder if I could organise a whip round - a grand from each member should get me a nice place at Collaroy or Avalon or somewhere :) Ocean views not necessary.

No Bribie, it's the Beattie Burger with Fries.
yup thats what the qld govt employees call it.

as opposed to the stupiv victoria govt logo which looks like a dead whale unside down. but at least victoria is a great place to live, work and raise a family..... (sorry its the victoria policy tag line)

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either.

At least Tasmania boasts about hunting a major species to extinction, and obviously haven't started into its citizens yet.

tasmania.jpeg

:ph34r:

I am not 100% sure as to why Queensland was orignally called "Gods country" but after living in it for 8 years and owning property here .. I am now convinced you need a kings bloody ransom to pay the rates !! I am on the West side of Brisbane and recieve rates bills of around $800 per qtr for a 1100m2 block of land valued around $220k.. FFS .. this state is going to lose all appeal..

Beattie burger and Anna Fries .. thanks for selling the state off!!!

and now I jump off the soap box..

i never got the 'dead' part. just heard it referred to as that a lot.

get back to work leigh. u shouldnt be wasting time trolling AHB......

Stop whinging about living somewhere expensive. I live in NSW, the most expensive state in the world hahaha. The NSW state logo should be a pic of a bag snatcher!!!

It is also a shithole.

It is also a shithole.

Started already has it? I bet you play the banjo on your front porch of a night too?? Do you get TV down there yet??

Best i got :lol:

It is pretty cold right now so the banjos don't come out 'til the hot season. You know, Jan 25 to Feb 15. It is quite the hootenanny, y'all should come down for her, y'hear? Yeehaw!

Sorry. I thought I was from a southern state of the USA for some retarded and irrelevant minute there.

Pfft remember Victoria is arguably the reason Australia is the country it is today and not just a penal colony.
Melbourne was the second largest city in the British empire during the gold rush and the largest city in Australia between 1850s - 1890s
Victoria kick started our countrys mining industry. Gave us our diverse multicultural society. Remember Melbournes China town is the oldest Chinatown in Australia, the oldest continuous Chinese settlement in Australia, and the longest continuous Chinese settlement in the western world. Port Phillip bay shits all over Sydney Harbour in size and its the busiest trade harbour in Australia. Melbourne also was the home for the Australian parlament from 1901 - 1927. Our restaraunts kick ass over Sydney. Sure we dont do fine dining like sydney so our restaraunts dont get the awards like sydney. Melbourne has one of the most diverse cafe cultures in the world. St.Kilda was home to the first Gaggia espresso machine in Australia. The St.Kilda festival is the 3rd largest free street festival in the world. Melbournes indie music scene is by far the largest in Australa. Plus we're the home of the Melbourne Shuffle.

I love Melbourne. But more importantly I hate Sydney - its a shit hole. Sydney would be the last city in Australia I would choose to live if I couldnt live in Melbourne. I could rant more but I wont.

how did we get to bagging other states in general. we were just bagging the state governments

victoria rocks. its why KRudd/Cth 'cut and pasted' victorias health system into their own document and roll it ou to the rest of country as the way to do things, whilst victoria is expected to comply with policies we already have, not innovate, and in some cases be dragged back to policies we got rid of 10 years ago because they dont work.

woops sorry, thats right, its a beer forum isnt it. must get back to planning my brew day on the weekend.

I've often wondered what the new Queensland Government logo (introduced in the last few years) was meant to represent.

View attachment 39066

Now I know.
It represents the Queensland Public being spat out after every possible cent has been minced out of them

View attachment 39067

<_<

Edit: I wonder if I could organise a whip round - a grand from each member should get me a nice place at Collaroy or Avalon or somewhere :) Ocean views not necessary.

Got a good laugh out of that Bribie, then I remembered how true it is and got very depressed.

-BD

Always funny to read such comments about which is the worst area of Aus to live in for expenses

Try Darwin, it will give you a whole new take on what is expensive.

Latest posts

Back