Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home...

Huge thanks to the organisers (Janelle and co), the MC Mark, the Alehouse24 for the venue, and all the sponsors, and a big thanks to Bacchus and Ross for the free beer.....

Huge congrats to all the entrants (I even got 2 Highly Commended's for my 5 entries), to Dave for the Champion Beer (3 years in the making!), and especially to Sim as Champion Brewer for 2012. And of course, to BABBs as Champion Club for 2012 (a title we now have again :p)

Thanks to all for a great night, and look forward to next year!

Cheers

Hear hear Nick, me tips me lid to hard- working organisers and generous sponsors, this was a terrific event so many thanks to all involved in running it. All of the competitors can be proud of their efforts too, there was some fierce competition and terrific scores. And we won't forget the bridesmaids, they can take a bow too.. :p

Well done Florian, I see your name mentioned there often.

Go PUBS, punching well above our weight as usual B) - sorry I couldn't be in it this year - congrats to Greg, Lyall, Graeme and all the crew who entered in the comp

Also regrets at not being along last night, had to spend my third last shift ever at work. Catch up before I leave :party:

STOKED :lol: 1st and 2nd in IPA.

Thanks to all organisers. Need to consider joining a club now!

3G

Save me a bottle of your BdG Campbell. Twas a really good night - well MCed by Mark at a good venue, hope you got home intact Sim. Those nice hotel white linen sheets etc don't look nearly so good when somebody spills a triple all over them :rolleyes: .

Results are now up. www.qabc.org.au
Thanks Chad.

And thanks again too all who made the Qld State Championship competition and dinner a success.

Big congrats to Sim who took out Champion Brewer and BABBs who took out Champion Club.....

I'm expecting us to give the other a States a touch up at the Nationals :p

Everyone who entered and made it to the dinner already has their prizes and feedback.

The rest of the envelopes will be posted tomorrow (prizes are vouchers and can be mailed along with the feedback sheets and the certificates).

All 18 categories prizes were as follows.

1st - 25kg bag of Pilsner Malt + 1 Wyeast Smack Pack
2nd - $20 Brewers Choice Gift Certificate + 1 Wyeast Smack Pack
3rd - 1 Wyeast Smack Pack

All 1st, 2nd and 3rd place-getters have qualified through to the nationals...

If anyone who qualified through is planning on a re-brew and busting to see the feedback sheets before Thursday when the envelope will arrive......Howard has scanned them in and could email them to you...

Send me a PM that includes your email address and I'll get this happening.

Cheers,

Dave

Edit: 2012 AUSTRALIAN AMATEUR BREWING
CHAMPIONSHIP, Thursday 25th October
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: Sat 13th October 2012
Deliver entries to:
AABC2012, c/- Grain & Grape,
5/280 Whitehall St, Yarraville, Vic 3013

Please download the AABC 2012 entry form from here and follow the instructions and include payment.
If you are unable to enter the beer that placed in the QABC ,produce a beer in the same Category (any sub-style) or don't want to enter the Nationals, please let me know ASAP.

Hi Dave I was at the dinner last night got a third but had no voucher for the yeast? Will this be mailed?
It was a good night from what I can remember 24 taps is a bit thought to get through :ph34r:
Some top scores had looking at the results so good luck everyone in the nationals.

Hi Dave I was at the dinner last night got a third but had no voucher for the yeast? Will this be mailed?
It was a good night from what I can remember 24 taps is a bit thought to get through :ph34r:
Some top scores had looking at the results so good luck everyone in the nationals.
Small envelope size voucher should be in there with the certificate...
The vouchers were numbered....which category were you 3rd in and I'll check it out?

Small envelope size voucher should be in there with the certificate...
The vouchers were numbered....which category were you 3rd in and I'll check it out?
Thanks Dave Class 14 strong ale. Had a second look definitely not there.

And first place for worlds most organized brew comp goes to -- QABC! :beer:

Got my certificates, scoresheets and vouchers in the mail today. Bloody brilliant!

Cheers and thanks again

Here's a couple of phone shots of the evening, excuse the quality...

alehouse_in_full_swing.JPG
The venue in full swing

mark.JPG
MC Mark

ta_Ross.JPG
Thanks for the beer Bacchus

sim_da_winner.JPG
Champion Sim and some BABBs riff raff (they let anyone in this place :eek: )

Bump reminder,

Congratulations if you managed a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Place in any of the 18 categories in this years Queensland Amateur Brewing Championship.

AABC entry form and QABC results available from these locations.

AABC entry form
QABC results

The AABC CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: Sat 13th October 2012
Deliver entries to:
AABC2012, c/- Grain & Grape,
5/280 Whitehall St, Yarraville, Vic 3013

This means for postage, youll have to aim to get them down there by Friday October 12th. Regular or express post youll be looking at sending beer at the beginning of the week that starts with Monday 8th October.

There is an alternative drop off point for Brisbane based brewers.

BABBs are bulk sending beers from Bacchus/Craftbrewer. If you are in Brisbane and can make it out to the shop, drop your beers off by Saturday 6th October and well make sure they get to Melbourne safely and in time. (BABBs guys can bring their beer to tonights meeting also)

Dont forget to include payment and fill out the entry form for each beer.

IMPORTANT Queensland would like to make sure we have the maximum number of entries in the National competition.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP if you are unable to (or dont want to) send any of the beers that you brewed that qualified.

If anyone pulls out, the next best beer will be elevated into that slot to make sure we send a full swag of 54 beers down giving us a shot at the Champion State etc...

Cheers and lets give those southern states a touch up,

Dave
QAAWBG Chief Steward Beer
Qld Amateur Brewing Championship 2012

Back