qld weather jan 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd you go in Gympie Screwy?

Pacific Hwy cut at Grafton and a flood warning for the Hastings River (Port M.) - good job Warra48 lives on a hill :)

No mention of damage at Screwy's on Facebook. Had some flooding at his work though. Calling for volunteers to help clean up (it is a charity)

Cheers

Im at Eagleby and am safe and dry at the moment..
The Albert river has busted its banks before the 3pm deadline, the Logan river is due to peak tomorrow..
Biggest flood in Logan since 1974, we missed out on the 2011.
Stay safe QLD brewers

Alexandra Headland, Sunshine Coast - no it doesn't look like Tidal Pete's car.

Last edited by a moderator:
15m tree uprooted itself in the front this morning. Smashed the antenna off the roof. It was caught by some other trees ( ******* previous owners wanted a rain forest), teetering the house one side, taking the fence out the other. Spanner from up the road came down in the rain, slug it up with his hi-ab on the back of his truck. Done a bit off trickery and managed to lay her down in the front yard for me. All chopped with the chainsaw ready for dumping on the weekend.
Raising a glass to ya spanner...got me out of the shit. I saw dollar signs for a while. :beerbang:

Dunno, Pete. I've seen your garage. Several dirty tyre marks... They kinda look like...ummm..the...video.... Nah, I got nothing. Sorry!

The wind is just starting to get a little hectic here in Boambee (10 mins south of Coffs), but the water didn't get all that high out here, never does
In Coffs is another story, the new flood diversion methods after the huge floods in 2008 are doing their job, but but a lot of places are still under water now
Bellingen copped it badly, the bridge over the river there is completely submerged
The worst i can complain about is the water takes a good 5 or so minutes to go down in the toilet after you flush it, very stinky after a while
And Telstra's pits/conduit here is full of water, I'm getting slower than dailup speeds and constant dropouts (first world problems...)

The wind is just starting to get a little hectic here in Boambee (10 mins south of Coffs), but the water didn't get all that high out here, never does
In Coffs is another story, the new flood diversion methods after the huge floods in 2008 are doing their job, but but a lot of places are still under water now
Bellingen copped it badly, the bridge over the river there is completely submerged
The worst i can complain about is the water takes a good 5 or so minutes to go down in the toilet after you flush it, very stinky after a while
And Telstra's pits/conduit here is full of water, I'm getting slower than dailup speeds and constant dropouts (first world problems...)
Spork The wind up here was crazy and I've been through a category 1 and 2 before. Batten down mate!

Rowy said:
How'd you go in Gympie Screwy?
All good at home Batz,

TidalPete said:
I would like to think that Screwy's house & shed are (hopefully) fine and that the creek out the back has only caused minor damage to his back yard?
Let us know Screwy?
No worries Pete, House and shed/brewery10M above flood level.

NickB said:
No mention of damage at Screwy's on Facebook. Had some flooding at his work though. Calling for volunteers to help clean up (it is a charity)

Cheers
Nick, At home we're cut off from town as usual. Work has 1M of water through the admin building. With only a handfull of employees we are going to need some volunteers to help with the cleanup. A non for profit organisation, we have a committee to call on, but will need outside help from locals.

Screwy

Screwy PM me with a mobile and I'll see what I can arrange. Have to start work later tonight but can phone you in the morning if not. I've strated a thread on here and know a heap of pricks in Gympie!

Main rain system has now cleared Port Macquarie and is heading down towards Sydney - we have had about ten inches here at Old Bar. Interesting to see that the whole region around Coonabarabran has had a massive soaking, much more than the coast. Watch all those scorched and hopefully re-seeded eucalypts go stupid over the next couple of years. Yay.

Drought and flooding rains. :)

hope your all safe and sound guys, it's too close to the last floods it just doesn't seem right.

Bundaberg this morning, and hasn't peaked yet. Hope the lads there and their families are ok.

bundaberg-under-water.jpg

Back