qld weather jan 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stay safe folks, our thoughts are with all those families affected.

That is a friggin insane amount of rain - we struggle to get that in a year down here in SA.

I'm back online, no major damage to report. I've learnt not to measure rain in mm or even inches. Measure it in feet, cause a couple of feet of rain doesn't sound as bad. My rain water tank is full :ph34r:

Good luck with the weather system down south from us.

QldKev

ps. Don't buy a generator from SuperCheap. I've used it once before for 30mins testing it out. Pulled it out when needed and it won't fire up.

We only got the edge of it here in the Hunter Valley. I recorded 110mm of rain, which just watered the lawn compared to what you poor buggers got further north.

Drove to work this morning and the big RTA message signs were saying "NO ACCESS TO QLD"

Hope everyone on here is ok.

Bribie G said:
Bundaberg this morning, and hasn't peaked yet. Hope the lads there and their families are ok.
How did you pull up Bribie? Hope your ok down there! :icon_cheers:

not long after my original post, power went out again as the massive overflow from borumba dam started ripping out power poles, only got power back yesterday, internet came back about 2 hour ago. some have been hit pretty hard out here, alot of damage in imbil, and further upstream is even worse, road is still cutoff.
water7_zpsb727af1f.jpg

flood plains.

water6_zpsb052ce56.jpg

no part of this bridge was visible during peak, house to right of bridge went under, as did the caravan park to the left.

water8_zps1eb7fbd6.jpg

cant beleive people taking the chance - got washed off the bridge, dont know the outcome, water was moving quick, water height is the dirt mark at top of tree rhs.

water5_zps1a7bf5f5.jpg

and this was washed up on the side of the road where it was cut off, as was parts of a tv.

jeez, I hope those two caravan parks up near the Borumba dam wall still exist. Tim (daemon here) who copped it bad last time got ankle deep water in his downstairs floor this year. A couple of the boys have been helping him out.

We scored 525 ml of rain and of course if your own a valley that's means you end up with all that water very quickly. All my problems are just land slips and dam overfolws so no worries with our house.

Lots of work planting out and sand bagging the next few months.

I hope all are safe here, and did not sustain any damage.

Batz

Batz said:
We scored 525 ml of rain and of course if your own a valley that's means you end up with all that water very quickly. All my problems are just land slips and dam overfolws so no worries with our house.

Lots of work planting out and sand bagging the next few months.

I hope all are safe here, and did not sustain any damage.

Batz
I hope all those bricks did some good mate. 525mls is a lotta water.

winkle said:
I hope all those bricks did some good mate. 525mls is a lotta water.

I'll post a pic of all those bricks mate, or whats left of them.

Batz

We just got the power on this morning after having a "brown out" for 3 days. A brown out is like a black out but the power doesn't go off, it just reduces in voltage which can do damage to your electronic devices.

Hope all is well with you guys.

Doug - pretty hectic looking up your way, hope you and yours are all ok.

Batz - nothing like a couple of showers, is there! I'm guessing the pub didn't go under this time? At least you and Julie are safe, as is Banjo I assume? Sounds like a bit of back-breaking work to get things back. Gimme a yell if you need a hand one weekend. You can pay me in beer :ph34r:

Cheers

NickB said:
Hope all is well with you guys.

Doug - pretty hectic looking up your way, hope you and yours are all ok.

Batz - nothing like a couple of showers, is there! I'm guessing the pub didn't go under this time? At least you and Julie are safe, as is Banjo I assume? Sounds like a bit of back-breaking work to get things back. Gimme a yell if you need a hand one weekend. You can pay me in beer :ph34r:

Cheers
+ 1

Banjo was busy chasing naughty birdies throughout the rain Nick.
I might take up some help from you guys one weekend, you any good at filling sand bags?

batz

I'm good at anything when I get a few beers at the end! Just don't make it the weekend of the 9th/10th

Cheers

There's a lot of people need more help than us, we are fine.

I feel a working bee and drink at the Bat Cave coming on.......................

Latest posts

Back