qld weather jan 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evil pencil pine attacking saaz hops

DSC_2942.JPG

carniebrew said:
Just heard Sydney and surrounds are looking at 100+ mm tomorrow. We haven't had more than 2 mm down in Melbourne for months...would you believe? Back yard is the same colour as my hefeweizen at the moment.

Anyone heard from QldKev? I heard Bundy was declared a state of emergency today.
Just been in contact with Qldkev, he is safe and well.

dougsbrew said:
had around 500mm+rain here, lots shit loads topsoil, cant get out of home, flooded in, power went out(beer fridge getting warm), but thank fuk the power is back now. will attach pics when i work out how to.
water3_zpsc47089c9.jpg
water1_zps1fb705a8.jpg
water4_zpsc873a417.jpg
Hi Benj!

Wow some erosion there Doug, hope it's not too bad. Heard on the scanner that Imbil is cut off and a local woman went into labour around 4pm local doctor attending, lucky.

I got up early to keep in touch with brother in UK and I see that they may have to close the Pacific and New England highways. Great end to a long weekend. Maybe I could load kegmate onto a trolley and ply the traffic lines with 20 bucks a pint. And curry. Yessssss. Evil laugh.

Im glad we didnt get any tornadoes here in brissy or ipswich the last couple of days. I was out in the thick of it for 12 hours both days, was.soaked from head to toe working on can do's train set on the ipswich line shut down.

I'm about 75m from the water at Birkdale and about 1.00am it bloody felt like we did Lakey :blink:

_WALLACE_ said:
our power is out now. and theres a few trees down over the road.
Still got it here Wallace :)

Shit thats no good Rowy hope there was no damage.

Few tree's down around the place Lakey but so far so good. Like you its hard to juggle work and keeping an eye on your own joint :(

The really heavy stuff seems to be sweeping over the Inland at the moment, Armidale, Narrabri etc - (check BOM Radar) Punkin and crew were heading down this way to Forster for the long weekend, hope they'll get home ok.

weather system 2.jpg

Jeez you blokes up north are just recovering from the last big one, now this!!! Keep safe guys, wishing you well.

There has been a LOT of rain (300-400mm) in the mountains west of Brisbane. That water is headed toward Ipswich and eventually Brissy. For example, the dam near my house (Moogera) is almost 4m over the spillway. That water feeds into the Bremer.

I hope the Ipswich brewers are okay. I know a few were affected quite badly last time. At least this time hopefully won't be as high and you have a bit more time to prepare.

Texted my brother to see if he's ok (he's Tamborine sort of area) after hearing they got caned on the news, his response: "Everything is broken".

A few big trees downed at my local park this morning.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one required two photos:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyone heard from Snow? He copped it bad last time................

Back