Qld Brewers Get Togethers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too early too think of such things perhaps..but

You will need your own bedding at the Cave,if we end up with 30 brewers perhaps think tents?
You guys are bringing munchies,new rule for these things is the host does not do the tucker,we can't keep up Sqyre's standard sorry B)
If you bring kegs you will need to have all your own gear,no taps free here sorry.
Apart from that eat,drink and be merry. :party:

Batz

Guys

Its all too much for me. I'm doing a big reno as an owner builder and cant keep up. Time is short and I find it hard enough to do a proper AG brew every 10 days without resorting to kits.

Cheers

Too early too think of such things perhaps..but

You will need your own bedding at the Cave,if we end up with 30 brewers perhaps think tents?
You guys are bringing munchies,new rule for these things is the host does not do the tucker,we can't keep up Sqyre's standard sorry B)
If you bring kegs you will need to have all your own gear,no taps free here sorry.
Apart from that eat,drink and be merry. :party:

Batz

That sounds pretty reasonable Batz, How about we start up a list of brewers who will bring food?

AndrewQld- 4k Home made Sausages, 2 kilo of smoked fish for nibbles

Cheers
Andrew

What's beer without a curry?
I can bring a couple, and the rice, etc.
Tent no prob for me or a swag in the back of the car.

What sort of time would this kick off Batz?
I'm working until 3 so would get there 5.30 but I'm more than happy to take a day off if people are getting there sooner.

Campbell

Please everyone be aware, that if you plan to sleep in your car, and the car is on a public road, you can still be (and people have been) done for drink driving. All they need to show is that you have "control over the vehicle". If you are in your vehicle, or accessing your vehicle, and you have the keys with you, then you are in control whether you are driving or not. This information comes to you from a very competent criminal defence lawyer.

Just trying to raise awareness, so we all have a great time.

Bring on the 10th! :party: :beerbang:

Not to mention I think you will be fined for sleeping in your car on public property.

Your not too likely to be interupted by passing Coppers down Kin Kin way :lol: , and besides there is plenty of space at the Bat cave to park your swag. Wait till you see the place, it's sort of off the beaten track a bit, in Gods country.

Cheers
Andrew

Not to mention I think you will be fined for sleeping in your car on public property.
I wouldn't be surprised...

there is plenty of space at the Bat cave to park your swag. Wait till you see the place, it's sort of off the beaten track a bit, in Gods country.
Sounds superb. Sounds like a great atmosphere to share great beer and company. :chug: :beer:

Keep the above info on file for future reference. :)

Please everyone be aware, that if you plan to sleep in your car, and the car is on a public road, you can still be (and people have been) done for drink driving. All they need to show is that you have "control over the vehicle". If you are in your vehicle, or accessing your vehicle, and you have the keys with you, then you are in control whether you are driving or not. This information comes to you from a very competent criminal defence lawyer.

Just trying to raise awareness, so we all have a great time.

Bring on the 10th! :party: :beerbang:

:lol: Nobody will have to sleep in their car on the road,and it's not really a main road out here anyway
I don't think a cop has ever been down our road :p

Julie is cooking up one of her curries as well

Campbell, thinking of kicking off around 2.00pm

Batz

I'll bring some Jerky for the bar and 5kg or so sausages for the BBQ. You do have a BBQ don't you Batz. I'd like to bring a keg of beer, but don't have the means to dispense yet. Can anyone help?

cheers

Browndog

I have my party keg set-up you could use browndog,and I do have an old fridge that I could put two taps back on I suppose <_<

Let me think about this food thing,I have a feeling it may get a bit messy.
For those who have not visited the Cave before here it is :lol:

Batz

I have my party keg set-up you could use browndog,and I do have an old fridge that I could put two taps back on I suppose <_<

Let me think about this food thing,I have a feeling it may get a bit messy.
For those who have not visited the Cave before here it is :lol:

Batz

Excellent Batz, I think I might have a crack at a Duvel clone for the occasion. That pic looks like a slice of heaven if ever there was one you lucky bugger.

cheers

Browndog

Batz, Looks like you dont exactly have a shopping center next door..

Dont have any local pizza/takeaway shops that deliver???

Someone coming late might be able to do a pick up on the way from pizzahut or domino's

usually when you order over a dozen pizza's you can get them for about $5 each..

Everyone just pays for thier own.. easy.. :D

(that was my backup if the Pig idea turned to poo.)

Yeh.. well.. you never know... :angry:

Might have "Black Stump pizzeria" Gauranteed delivered in 3 Days or its Free!!! :lol:

Camel team drivers only carry change for a Fifty.. :p

It was just a thought....

Hoo Har! Truly the realm of the gourmand! :D

I'll be bringing Chilli rellenos, a kilo of Bacon for the A.M. and ...don't laugh... some beer!

P1080032.jpg

And some bread too... and some tomatoes as well. I loved the Cheese slice BBQ's over a tomato for brekky... it was the 300 brekky beers that made me talk more rubbish... :beerbang:

InCider.

Looks like you guys have well and truly cornered the market for meat, so I'll put my hand up and bring a sufficient amount of potato salad and coleslaw.

Browndog, that Duvel clone sounds brilliant. I just had a glass the original, and I'd enjoy a few more if I had any. Are you planning on going the 8.5%? A few glasses of that and I'd be out. :party:

-Bonj

Hoo Har! Truly the realm of the gourmand! :D

I'll be bringing Chilli rellenos, a kilo of Bacon for the A.M. and ...don't laugh... some beer!

P1080032.jpg

And some bread too... and some tomatoes as well. I loved the Cheese slice BBQ's over a tomato for brekky... it was the 300 brekky beers that made me talk more rubbish... :beerbang:

InCider.

Hey Incider, are those what the yanks affectionatley refer to as BTC (buffalo Turd Chillies) or something similar? Can't wait to have a go at one of those.
And there is the ATD (Atomic buffalo turd) ATD
Cheers
Andrew

Hey Incider, are those what the yanks affectionatley refer to as BTC (buffalo Turd Chillies) or something similar? Can't wait to have a go at one of those.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew, I just Googled 'buffalo turds' and whoa nellie!
Buffalo Turds
Mine are pretty close and will be adapting the recipe. My mouth is watering... and it might not be the only place after the chillies have done their work. :ph34r:

InCider.

Ha HA, good stuff, sounds like a severe case of Arse Burn on sunday morning.

ATTENTION all brewers, please bring your own potty to the Bat Cave :ph34r: :lol:

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Back