Pumps And Other Stuff

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
Hi

ok, time for another random idea jumble.

i'm finally moving in the next month and as such will have a more room to brew :D

space will be limited (to a degree) and i was looking/thinking about making one of those portable brewery things. (i'll get to the question soon) i'm also thinking about buying a cfc (using my old immersion as a pre-chiller) .

now because the thing will be most likely a 2-tier system, if i was to use gravity to power the cfc how much drop would be recommended , 10cms between the cfc and kettle drain or more?

also after reading about cold break and pint of lagers ideas and others on seperating the cold break, what about using a splitter or t-piece on the cfc exit?. one side isn't filtered and one side has an inline filter? that way i can get some cold break and then filter the rest out ? or is the cold break to fine to filter with one of them?

having crapped on about that, since i will be using a pump in the new system, would it be better to use that to push the wort into the cfc , down the in-line filter and into the awaiting fermentor?

ideas? comments?

i currently use my little IDRA Fountain Pump to pump the wort thru my CCCFC and in turn my little irrigation filter and out my portable shower head into my fermemter - with the pump it works a treat.

Without the pump and using gravity - flow is verry very slow - dont get as much aeration with the shower head.

Hope this helps.

Kenny, thats sorta what i was think/ info i was after, cheers

Latest posts

Back