Pubs In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_dazza27

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Two mates and myself are heading down to Melbourne in Oct for the Cox Plate.

Thought i'd post on here to see if i can get some suggestions as to where to good stuff is on tap.

So far i think we're going to make the trip out to the Taphouse at St Kilda but hoping to build up a bit of an itinerary.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks DU99

Had a look at the Moutain Goat site and seems it's only open Wednesday and Friday nights? Does that sound right?

Thanks DU99

Had a look at the Moutain Goat site and seems it's only open Wednesday and Friday nights? Does that sound right?
That's because Mtn Goat are predominantly a brewery . Their Liquour licence only allows for them to open , the hours they do. However , if you do go there , you can also go to the Royston Hotel which is around the corner and also has an expansive beer menu that is seasonal and essentially Victorian micro brewed .excellent food too.
Biero has strange hours because it's essentially a night spot . Don't eat there though , the food is pretty ordinary in my opinion..but the beer list is massive , well stocked and affordable .
Enjoy !

just a typo..ferg
Sorry Steve..I couldn't resist :icon_offtopic:
In other news to the OP
There is also Beer Deluxe and Transport At Federation Square..opp Flinders street station
There is also Cookie but that can get a bit difficult to get into of a night time , especially with all the beautiful people trying to get into the venue ( which is a 3 level , different bars , venue )

especially with all the beautiful people trying to get into the venue ( which is a 3 level , different bars , venue )

My next question was going to be best nightspot to kick on at afterwards... something with a crowd between 25-35 age group. Is this the spot?

My next question was going to be best nightspot to kick on at afterwards... something with a crowd between 25-35 age group. Is this the spot?
Well mate , seeing we have a 7 week old baby , i don't go out anymore and i'm also 38 lol
This is a good spot , in my opinion...
It's open late , has 3 different bars on 3 levels and is at 252 SWanston Street....
I'd copy and paste a review but my comp is playing up...
Cheers
Ferg

Theres been a few similar threads to this recently. I don't remember any recommending The Hofbrauhaus. Whats the locals thoughts on this German restaurant offering beer by the litre? :beer:

Great night out! Food is great, great live music and the beer list is good and as you said in giant glasses. Prices are little higher but worth it for a night out. The Doppelbock with the sausage...... :beerbang:
Cookie is always my thought, more a bar than a pub though but still. Penny Blue too in the same vein.

Theres been a few similar threads to this recently. I don't remember any recommending The Hofbrauhaus. Whats the locals thoughts on this German restaurant offering beer by the litre? :beer:

Latest posts

Back