Psuedo retirement = got time to brew again...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
Giday there all.

Gents...(any ladies at all????) please accept this by means of introduction. Thought I'd better stick my head up prior to throwing out questions, queries or comments to all in sundry (I'll usually search the forums for specific info before posting).
As mentioned, I'm in pseudo retirement (long service leave) and am able to get back into predicting where I'm going to be. This means more time to drink and if I'm going to keep my house... more time to brew.

I'm not keen on boiling up mash / wort etc, just up for CME in the can +/- a few additives... to keep things relatively simple. My tastes are varied and I am happy to drink anything...ANYTHING... easily pleased. I can stomach VB, MB, Carlton Draught (I'm also a cheep arse), Guinness, I like a Coopers also as well as everything else Lion Nathan or San Miguel can drum up.

I Have brewed a few times in the last 20 years. Back as a young fella living in Melbourne it was Stout in coke bottles so that we could get into the AFL games... then up in Darwin it was anything goes and believe me it went.

My goals now are for creativity on a budget. I want to stick to cheep (value) recipes for the time being and try to jazz them up for next to nix.

I have just put down my first brew using some stuff around the house. I was a bit rusty but don't think I went too off the show. I found an out of date by 2 years COLES lager so I headed down the local Brew shop and grabbed a Coopers Lager and an extra no name yeast. Threw them together with a Kg of white sugar... (will continue this over in the General Brewing techniques" section...

Any how,

Giday and thanks in advance for any help afforded in the future....

Welcome aboard shea!

Big W has Canadian Blonde tins for ~$14
1 kg of light malt instead of table sugar ~$9
US-05 yeast ~$5
15-20g of Pride of Ringwood or Amarillo or Cascade etc hops for 10 mins. ~$4 (if buying as finishing hops)

Total of ~$32 for about 23L

You'll end up with a cheap brew that is not too shabby at all!

I'm hearing the white sugar bit... a cardinal sin by the sounds...lol

Latest posts

Back