Prison/Improvised Grog?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Dogfushead". What's that. An NZ brewery? ;)

(Apologies NZers, feel free to make canny observations about us convicts across the ditch).

This doesnt help but it gave me a laugh

617.jpg

My father in law started a Wednesday night prayer group while in prison. He immediately located one fermenter in the chapel altar and one in the lectern. Very popular prayer group it was.

Reminds me of a link someone posted on this forum a few years back.

It's a blog called "steve don't eat that". Scroll down to volume 8 and he describes his experience making replica prison hooch.

Then read the rest of them because they're fkn funny, especially the Cuitlacoche one. I was in tears the first time I read them and they're still funny.

....Oops should've read the rest of the thread. someone already posted that link

Wolfman1 said:
Is this research for Rolf?
Tie me little girls down sport, tie me little girls down.

When I worked for Rothmans back in the early 1990s we used to deliver 3 shipping cartons of White Ox a week to the newsagent at Woodford. They were the agents for supplying the prison with tobacco, confectionery and newpapers etc to the jail.

Apparently smoking among the criminal classes is almost universal.

Bribie G said:
Tie me little girls down sport, tie me little girls down.

When I worked for Rothmans back in the early 1990s we used to deliver 3 shipping cartons of White Ox a week to the newsagent at Woodford. They were the agents for supplying the prison with tobacco, confectionery and newpapers etc to the jail.

Apparently smoking among the criminal classes is almost universal.
Even non-smokers put their hand up for the 'snout' ration. Its the currency of exchange inside.

I would guess 95% smoke. When u consider what else most of them are into smoking seems minor. Im pretty sure there is a smoking ban in nsw prisons coming next year. Should be a fun couple of months.

They had to get rid of the flavoured condoms in gaol. 3 points for a correct guess what inmates did with them.

And the alcohol sanitiser was removed a few years back for the previously stated reasons.

Back