Primary Fermenting For 3 Months!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natnoo

Reaction score
My Australian lager partial has been in the primary fermenter for at least 3 months, I've been a little busy!!

Do I bother racking and bottling or down the drain? The first 2 months at about 15 c and the past month at Sydney room temps? What a waste or what a brew?

Thanks guys.

Nath

Run a small glass off to clear the tap and toss that.

Then take a clear sample and taste it. If its not too bad bottle/keg away

My Australian lager partial has been in the primary fermenter for at least 3 months, I've been a little busy!!

Do I bother racking and bottling or down the drain? The first 2 months at about 15 c and the past month at Sydney room temps? What a waste or what a brew?

Thanks guys.

Nath

All the theories in the world won't help you decide - There's only one way to get an answer - TASTE IT....

cheers Ross

I didn't even think of that! School boy error.. Ha

Tastes fine, like beer I guess but no bubbles. Not sour or yukky.

Thanks guys, looks like bottle day is here. IMG_1800.JPG

Thanks guys.

Nath

Yeast bite <_<

I had an ale in primary for 3 months a few years back. Tasted fine on kegging.

The end result probably depends on your recipe, ingredients, yeast, storage temp etc.

Like most instructions, a few weeks in primary, then off to the keg/bottle or secondary is the best path.

If it tastes ok but is flat than that is good. The carbonation in the bottle gives it the bubbles.

I vote - BOTTLE IT

I had a strong scottish ale in primary for eleven weeks a few years back... ended up taking out first place for strong ales at the state championships. You never can tell until you taste it.

Well I bottled today. Tasted fine. Thanks for your tips.

Catch.

Back