Prepare to start paying a LOT more for beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's Brew Beer

Let's Brew Beer!
Reaction score
With inflation at record highs at the moment and COVID continuing to play havoc with the economy, it was only a matter of time before it affected the price of craft beer. JOIN ME and see how bad its gonna get.

With inflation at record highs at the moment and COVID continuing to play havoc with the economy, it was only a matter of time before it affected the price of craft beer. JOIN ME and see how bad its gonna get.
The whole Russian/Ukraine dynamic plus inflation and stupidly high alcohol tax thank God their is no grain tax yet.
Seriously though libs and labour can both f off with their bs health or for the children bs means for the first time I'm probably going to vote for those tree huggers(greens).
In all honesty though if you look at harm factors alcohol is number 1 closely followed by tabacco then heroin, how much hand holding do we need disguised as a health tax when the true cost is your freedom (please don't vote for that fat something Clive tho). We really need political accounting tho

I'm probably going to vote for those tree huggers(greens).
They're not tree huggers, that's just for show, they're communists.
All the majors represent this agenda.

I will be voting for minor parties who don't give their preferences to any major, and I am a real tree hugging, beer drinking libertarian.

The issue Australia will face in the coming years, won't be agri production, it will be collection and transport of it. We already had this problem in 2021 and it's only going to get worse because we've reduced our refining capability and as global supply chains reorganise following the West's desire to isolate Russia and China pivoting to One Belt One Road.

In short, we need to very quickly start increasing refining and manufacturing on shore, and the majors aren't going to make this happen... they're all about following WEF and Uncle Sam's orders while playing us lip service.

They're not tree huggers, that's just for show, they're communists.
All the majors represent this agenda.

I will be voting for minor parties who don't give their preferences to any major, and I am a real tree hugging, beer drinking libertarian.

The issue Australia will face in the coming years, won't be agri production, it will be collection and transport of it. We already had this problem in 2021 and it's only going to get worse because we've reduced our refining capability and as global supply chains reorganise following the West's desire to isolate Russia and China pivoting to One Belt One Road.

In short, we need to very quickly start increasing refining and manufacturing on shore, and the majors aren't going to make this happen... they're all about following WEF and Uncle Sam's orders while playing us lip service.

I just want a federal corruption watchdog, this is why we have a pentalcostal cultist as pm, but I agree with you I will be voting for minor parties this time around. It would be great if we voted for the pm and not the party but I suppose that's just how it is

Well, if you vote Liberal/Country that what you get. Higher taxes (yes thats true). Power prices thru the roof, abolishment/denial of anything to do with science. And of course higher beer costs.
Aussie beer loving nation pay the 4th highest amount in the world on beer tax.

https://www.brewers.org.au/beer-the...far the biggest cost,a whopping $22.05 is tax.

Vote Liberals again if you want to be no 1
[/QU
Well, if you vote Liberal/Country that what you get. Higher taxes (yes thats true). Power prices thru the roof, abolishment/denial of anything to do with science. And of course higher beer costs.
Aussie beer loving nation pay the 4th highest amount in the world on beer tax.

https://www.brewers.org.au/beer-the...far the biggest cost,a whopping $22.05 is tax.

Vote Liberals again if you want to be no 1
Nice read our brewerys should have very minimal tax but also should pick up their game, I only buy foreign beers btw but what incentive is there a Aussie made beer (if was nicer I would buy) for 60 or a much better beer for 70 (Kilkenny and Guinness) I try to buy from Australian malters when I can tho (Joe white).
But when is taxation on luxuries going to be enough, it just seems to me alot that the government doesn't want to support Australian businesses our tax system seriously needs a reform

Nice read our brewerys should have very minimal tax but also should pick up their game, I only buy foreign beers btw but what incentive is there a Aussie made beer (if was nicer I would buy) for 60 or a much better beer for 70 (Kilkenny and Guinness) I try to buy from Australian malters when I can tho (Joe white).
But when is taxation on luxuries going to be enough, it just seems to me alot that the government doesn't want to support Australian businesses our tax system seriously needs a reform

Politics? On this forum?
No, finance.
Finance is a term for the management, creation, and study of money and investments. Specifically, it deals with the questions of how an individual, company or government acquires money and what they do with it.

Last edited:
No, finance.
Finance is a term for the management, creation, and study of money and investments. Specifically, it deals with the questions of how an individual, company or government acquires money and what they do with it.

I couldn't watch all of that. Had to laugh at the beginning when she warns us that the gov may end up owning all of our money.

They already do. It's the $A owned and operated by the Aus gov.

I couldn't watch all of that. Had to laugh at the beginning when she warns us that the gov may end up owning all of our money.
They already do. It's the $A owned and operated by the Aus gov.
You had to laugh? You may want to read up on the Reserve Bank Act 1959. The RBA owns our money and they provide it as a service to the govment. Just ask Scomo if he can increase the cash rate.
Btw the video was referencing the gov being able to control the validity of your money, which they can't do.... Scomo can't make a $50 in your pocket invalid, but the CCP can make your Digital renminbi invalid.

I don't believe there is anything independent about the RBA. This was invented by Keating in an attempt to separate RBA decisions from political decisions. Because he knew that politicians cannot be trusted to do whats right.

And for the life of me I just can't get as worked-up about China as people tell me I should be.

I don't believe there is anything independent about the RBA. This was invented by Keating in an attempt to separate RBA decisions from political decisions. Because he knew that politicians cannot be trusted to do whats right.

And for the life of me I just can't get as worked-up about China as people tell me I should be.

Right up until you have to speak Cantonese if you want anything.

Right up until you have to speak Cantonese if you want anything.

If you want to believe that Aus will end up being the first country that China has ever invaded and also be the first to be forced to speak one of their languages...have at it...knock yourself out. As they say, there's a first time for everything.

Not that I think Peter Dutton isn't a capable politician. If anyone can provoke a war with our major trading partner it's him.

This is already Sunnybank lol, appare
If you want to believe that Aus will end up being the first country that China has ever invaded and also be the first to be forced to speak one of their languages...have at it...knock yourself out. As they say, there's a first time for everything.

Not that I think Peter Dutton isn't a capable politician. If anyone can provoke a war with our major trading partner it's him.
Peter Dutton should be expelled from politics it's a bit Sus when you retire from the force with so much money and all the other officers hate you so much. Also he seems to have a problem with declaring assets, this prick would be the first to sell us out for his benefit. We need a federal corruption watchdog now

I didn't know he was with the police. Thanks for the info
I wish I wasnt too young too vote then that back in the day we voted for a republic. Public servants in my opinion should not be allowed to unionised, some may argue against this but their wage typically keeps up with cpi and they have great job security, police should not be allowed to unionised in particular this creates corruption watch the tall man

That video has been “spammed” everywhere! Pity is, as such videos normally are, it’s a slow drawn out discussion of mostly everything else but the title….

Good thing is it seems grain prices arn’t rising too much, although transport for overseas grains is expensive so far it’s not flowing through to microbreweries.

As A home brewer I haven’t noticed an increase in grain or yeast prices (or it’s been so small it doesn’t matter)???

That video has been “spammed” everywhere! Pity is, as such videos normally are, it’s a slow drawn out discussion of mostly everything else but the title….

Good thing is it seems grain prices arn’t rising too much, although transport for overseas grains is expensive so far it’s not flowing through to microbreweries.

As A home brewer I haven’t noticed an increase in grain or yeast prices (or it’s been so small it doesn’t matter)???
I think it's talking about commercial breweries more but I'm unsure as the video isn't very informative

Latest posts

Back