Practical Marga Alternative For Grain Crushing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the thread got hijacked after the above. Anybody got some guiding words?

Merrick

Merrick, The quality of the crush is nowhere near as important with biab as you can't basically get a stuck sparge (not heard of a bag blocking). As long as all the grains are cracked, you'll be fine.

cheers Ross

I'm going to be picking up my shiny new Marga Mill from Ross today. $99!! (click on his craftbrewer link above if you're interested). I've got no affiliation with craftbrewer, just a bargain hunter.

I've seen good reviews on here for the Marga and a sweet bunnings hopper setup on here consisting of a gutter leaf eater and reducer ($25 bucks, all slots straight into the exiting marga hopper - search for Marga Modification).

Also got a couple of bags of grain in a bulk buy up here ($45 for 25 kg inc delivery to brisi - Also through Rossco - still no affiliation).

So the mill has already paid for itself.

"Buy a Marga" - Not really a "Marga Alternative" I guess. I should have read the title of the thread better.

I just got carried away in my enthusiasm. Did I mention that I'm picking up a Marga Mill today?

Back