Power-noob

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereal_killer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Been lurking the forum for a while now, reading the advised FAQ's and recommended sites for a few weeks, and suppose its time for an official hello, and thanks, for the education.

I suppose a bit about me is in order. I will freely admit Im no beer snob, I enjoy what most refer to as lawn mower beers, not to say that I am adverse to aiming higher. I enjoy the finer drops, really enjoyed a day at Little Creatures in Freo, Cascade beers, Boags, but am not ashamed to admit that my choice of average quaffing beer would be Carlton Dry. I assume, from my limited experiences that I like lighter beers by colour, though yet again, Im a Scotch drinker if I had the ultimate choice, but a session with the boys and a decent clean drop of beer in hand is the ultimate social.

We all chase something different brewing for ourselves, for me, at the moment, Im chasing the quaffer. I suppose, something I can cool to just above freezing and enjoy with the boys. I will admit I havent yet purchased my fermantation gear, but will be soon. If someone with K&K could post the outer diameter of their new style Coopers Kit, I would be greatful. It would help me identify possible fermentation freezers for me to convert.

All in all, thankyou for accepting me as a member of your clique and in future know I will beg for advice to improve my personal stash.

Regards,
Cereal_Killer

G'day, mate.

You're not a beer snob? Blasphemy!

Good to see you posting and getting into the spirit. We all enjoy different types of beers for different reasons and making up a batch that you can share with your mates is certainly a good one.
If you follow the advice on here, I'm sure you'll be brewing much better lawnmower beer than the commercial offerings.

I used to love spending the day at Littke Creatures too, but then in my infinite beer snobbery I was bummed when they sold out to Lion Nathan believing things would change and more importantly they would loose the perfectly Freo characters that they employ. All things seemed to have stayed the same, maybe I should get back down there one day.

Are you in Perth?

Cheers!

Quaffer = Coopers Pale kit with a bit of extra hopping.

Welcome!

Latest posts

Back