• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Pots - Burner - Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainMcLean

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded my gear so I'm passing on my old stuff. If you're moving into AG and need gear this might be just for you. I've only got a small shed so I need the space. Just as a side note, the first ever beer off this set-up was two points shy of a bronze medal, so it's more than capable of turning out a great drop. I'm in Caulfield and looking for pick-ups or I can meet in the south east - around Dandenong somewhere (I work down there). I'm selling:

40 litre aluminium pot with lid.
100_2074.JPG

brass tap, silicone seal & stainless steel washer fitted.
I'm looking for something around $60 for it.

50 litre aluminium pot
100_2076.JPG

Brass tap, seal and stainless steel washer fitted.
21mm holes drilled for mashmaster thermometer and a sight gauge (I used the gauge & thermometer on my new kit).
The holes will accommodate a thermometer from your LHBS.
I'm thinking $60 if a reasonable price.

32 Jet Mongolian burner
100_2073.JPG

Comes with Burner, stand, stainless steel pipe adapter, regulator, used twice then I electrified the brewery.
I have some bolts that can be fitted in place of the jets should you want to reduce it's power.
All up new this cost me $245
I'd like around $200 for it.

Esky Mash Tun
100_2071.JPG

This is a great device. There is one hole in the end for a mashmaster thermometer - I used the thermometer on my new brewery.
It comes with a sparge arm, manifold and tap. I made this myself using John Palmers book as a guide and it really does the job well. For a regular 5Kg mash you get a good depth on your grain bed.
Sparge arm / manifolds are copper. both are soldered and work great. The sparge arm has two wire hooks that suspend it in the mash tun just over the top of the grain bed when in use.
Tap is brass and has a silicone seal washer with brass fitting on the manifold.
Keeps the temperature over a 90 min mash fine.
All I want for this is $70.

50 litre keggle
100_2069.JPG

Passed onto me when I started brewing.
Has the top cut off and a brass tap soldered in the bottom.
Also has a 90 degree brass bend soldered in the side - will fit a sight gauge.
Yours for offers around $50

what kind of bolts did you fit to the mongolian? I have a 32 jet mongolian and its too powerful, i really only need prolly 25 jets running. I went to every shop in town that sells bolts and i couldn't get one to fit.

what kind of bolts did you fit to the mongolian? I have a 32 jet mongolian and its too powerful, i really only need prolly 25 jets running. I went to every shop in town that sells bolts and i couldn't get one to fit.

-To be honest I couldn't tell you. I went to bunnings and another store and got one of everything that looked like it would work, went home tested them and then returned to buy a handful of the best fit. Someone will probably know the exact thread size and tell us there's a simpler way... I used the good old trial and error way.

-To be honest I couldn't tell you. I went to bunnings and another store and got one of everything that looked like it would work, went home tested them and then returned to buy a handful of the best fit. Someone will probably know the exact thread size and tell us there's a simpler way... I used the good old trial and error way.

Where are you based??
There are a few good shops close to the centre of town (Melb) that stock most every type possible.

You should be able to get the exact thread from the website.

R

So is he actually, caulfield i.e. Btw, doesn't the screw head just say the size on it? Cheers

ekul, the thread size is 1/16" NPTF (at least it was for my 23 jet burner)

I'm in Caulfield.

Hi Iain:

I am on Murray Street, near Glenhuntly Road. Unless I am mistaken, the shop is called Keables (http://www.keable.com.au/).
I am not far from there if it is out of your way. They usually have a good range of really top quality bits.

R

How much for the burner alone
sav

Latest posts

Back