Posting Your Brew Around The Country.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you post your brew?

• AUS Post Wine Pack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AUS Post Satchel and bubble wrap

• AUS Post Satchel and Cylinder

• Freight Company

• Pack and send

• Other method, please specify in thread

• Total voters

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
I have posted a few bottles of brew around the country lately and am still working on the best method by cost and security of product.

A lot of beer must be posted from people on this site so maybe between us we can come up with the best option.

Some options are overpriced like pack and send is expensive for 1 bottle but worth while for 6 or more.

AUS post wine pack is great for one longneck but i think for the same price i could send 2 PET bottles in cardboard cylinders inside a 3kg post satchel.

What has been you best and worst method?

:icon_cheers:

Kleiny

In a 3k pack, only one PET in a cylinder will fit. So far the best option I've found for 2 bottles is to make yourself a box with a Stanley knife and a good quality slightly larger box scrounged from ALDI (those cleanskin wine 6-pack boxes aren't too bad either to cut down) and use clingwrap / crumpled newspaper and just post it normal post. I've sent beer all over the country using that method and it all arrived safely including a couple in glass. Around $9.30 for the last lot. I would guess that once you are talking six bottles then Courier options might be cheaper than Aus Post normal mail.

I sent a PET to New Zealand a couple of years ago. I had a wooden presentation box from a bottle of wine that I packed the whole thing in then wrapped in cardboard. I was advised to describe the contents as a yeast sample on the certificate, so no good for people who are sending filtered/fined/clear beer.

It got there fine, but it would have been cheaper to send cash...

Late last year sent 2 boxes (42 stubbies) by Aust Post. Bought 2 cardboard boxes that they sell and some bubble wrap then wrapped them and threw in a couple of T-shits to fill up the extra space. Cost me $62.00 for the two + cost of boxes to post from Tasmania to Newcastle. Items arrived after 5 days(Weekend included) in perfect condition. Was quoted $38 each by freight company. Still had to pack it myself in my own boxes and no insurance.

Latest posts

Back