• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Possibility Of A Trade?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls!

As the title hints to, i have an excess of green coffee. I also have a lack of beer related brew stuff and i'm curious to know if anyone would want to some sort of a trade?

I have around 15kg's of coffee to spare in an un-roasted form. I can roast it for you if you like or you can start a new hobby as i have with beer and attempt the dark art of coffee roasting for yourself. Just like home brew, it is amazing the difference that truly fresh coffee can make and it is that much better when you have roasted it for yourself.
I can supply a heap of information regarding how to roast and brew coffee also if needed.

Anyway..... a list of things i DO have already can be found in my thread here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...=54213&st=0

I'm looking to do a straight swap as i am on a budget. If you think you have something i need that you don't then let me know?

FYI: Green coffee sells on average for around $15 per kilo and roasted for around $30 per kilo.

Hey guys and girls!

As the title hints to, i have an excess of green coffee. I also have a lack of beer related brew stuff and i'm curious to know if anyone would want to some sort of a trade?

I have around 15kg's of coffee to spare in an un-roasted form. I can roast it for you if you like or you can start a new hobby as i have with beer and attempt the dark art of coffee roasting for yourself. Just like home brew, it is amazing the difference that truly fresh coffee can make and it is that much better when you have roasted it for yourself.
I can supply a heap of information regarding how to roast and brew coffee also if needed.

Anyway..... a list of things i DO have already can be found in my thread here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...=54213&st=0

I'm looking to do a straight swap as i am on a budget. If you think you have something i need that you don't then let me know?

FYI: Green coffee sells on average for around $15 per kilo and roasted for around $30 per kilo.

I'll have a look around the shed and see what I have (I'm in Nthn Rivers as well). I have been AG brewing for about 10 years. I wouldn't dick around with kit and kilo if you enjoy making beer (especially the science of brewing). I would also think long and hard before investing in BIAB (ie, consider proper 3 vessel AG before you spend $$).

The best thing is to do lots of reading, and then watch an AG demo from one of the brewers in the area. There's no club up here. MattC and I kicked around the idea but didn't get much feedback from interested people. Stone and Wood were keen to help, but obviously don't have the time to run it from their (very busy) brewery.

On the coffee front, did my first roast this year, went very well. I only used the oven, but was happy with the result. The ******* was the time it took from cherries to green beans (minus parchment). I now know why they mechanise this process.

I'm looking to do a straight swap as i am on a budget.
No offence intended Maxt, but that actually yells BIAB to me! Getting set up on the Stovetop should cost less than $50 for equipment (may already have something suitable) and enough ingredients for the first batch. Sure, Stovetop BIAB can be a stepping stone to 3V, OTOH, it is a perfectly legitimate All- Grain method in its own right. I'd be reluctant though to recommend 3V to someone who has never brewed beer before, however BIAB is rather more simple, both from the equipment and the process perspectives, so makes quite an attractive starting point for novice brewers.
CD, there are plenty of BIAB guides, link below or here at AHB.
Apropos swapping for coffee, freight would make it less attractive to anyone but your locals, however its appealing to me as I can't function without several espressos for breakfast!

Back