Portable Keg Setup - Yeeeeewwwwww

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

under

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets!
Reaction score
Well the silly season is very close. And I have just finished my portable keg setup that I will be using on Xmas day and any other function from here on. Im pretty happy with how its turned out. Using a 120L Wheelie bin, that fits two 19L cornies. I would just like to thank the guys on this forum for their inspiration they have given me in creating this bloody masterpiece :D It's well wicked.

Will post some pics of it tomorrow of it as it may help others build their own portable kegs.

Merry Xmas to all. :beer:

very interested in pics wont have time to make one or the beer to put in it this xmas but will be good for parties.

Ive got a mini one, a 40L wheelie bin used for toy storage. The top of the keg sticks out a little, who cares?

4M of beer line coiled inside the bin around the keg and a picnic tap to boot!

Total investment, 30 bucks. Allllllright! :beerbang:

Heh. Mine all up has cost $330. Its a bit of cash but its should last forever. Pics shortly.

Ok. Pics are not that flash but it will give you an idea.

I have fitted the lid with some roof insulation and sarking. I have also used stickon foam strips so the lid seals against the bin (Clark Rubber). I used a 2-way divider and a one way valve. JG fittings throughout for cleaning purposes. Perlick 525SS faucet and 3" S/S Shank. Sodasteam setup (Bottle + Adaptor), Micromatic reg with JG fitting. Gas going into the keg I used a cable gland instead of silicone. The gas and reg are held in place by an old chamois tube. Using a 20cm SS drip tray. Im pretty happy with it. It holds temp really well as is so easy to break down and clean. The lables im using on the front are just an old ruler cut to size and stuck on with some 3m velcro. The stand is made from some old structural pine I had lying around. I put it on the stand because the bin was too low. This brings it up to a nice pouring height so you dont have to bend over. Once everything is broken down it all fits back inside the bin (including the stand) minus the kegs. Making it ultra portable, I just wheel it where I need it and bam, done. Anyways thats it. Im bloody chuffed.

img1273.jpg

img1272y.jpg

img1274c.jpg

img1275k.jpg

img1276b.jpg

img1280gt.jpg

Love your sponsor "SH?LLHAB??R CITY COUNC??" Great joint venture, or are you a sole trader :lol:

Either way, still a pretty good rig.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Yeh, LOL at the City Council sponsorship, watch out it doesn't get carted off by the Garbage collection team! "We'll take that for you" ;)

Looks good though, I like the gas line out at the back. I'm not liking the stand so much, seems like a "Health and Safety" issue for Council to deliberate on there :D

It won't tip over. The bin is tied/secured into the stand. Plus the weight of 38L of beer + ice. This sucker ain't going anywhere.

It's handy having a Inlaw working for the city yeww.

38L of beer to start with! :beerbang:
I'm sure it'll be OK, I was just jesting with the OH&S carry-on at local Councils.

Enjoy your Festive Season, it'll surely be a good'un..

COOL.!

Watch how fast the beer gets drunk when people get wind of it.

Myself and 4 mates did a 19 ltr keg in one go a couple of weekends ago.

Where'd you get that JG fitting for your reg?

And where's the second tap B)

I don't get the point of having 2 beer signs, 2 kegs, a split gas line but only 1 tap.

What am I missing?

Just went and double checked, no brand or any sort of markings on the cooler. Got it from Mitchells Camping Store here in Darwin for 80 bucks on special.
Beer line is about a metre long just to ensure that it can get on any keg angle, normally sits in the ice.
Bout 46.5 cm to the top of the gas in from the bulb gun, from the bottom of the keg.
Lid is domed, so it allows more room for fittings.
Two bags of ice holds its temp for the 4 hours on average it takes to drink it dry (out of a sum total of two uses so far).

If more beer is required in a session the upright cooler we have does that duty for a corny keg, and if MORE is required, dual flooded font taps at the bar and party shifts location ;)

Eater I've seen people put the shank through where the existing tap is. Did you try that at all?

What brand cooler is that? Nearly perfectly fits what I want to do. Also do you run the beer line around the keg to get extra cooling or just straight to the tap?

Also if you dont mind what is the total height with the charger attached?

my guess is it's a Rubbermaid cooler or copy of... also that looks like a 9L corny to me, i dream of a 9L corny.............................

mobile_bar.jpgHave to say the mobile coolers are the way to go. The four keg trolley i built for my caravan is best thing for bbqs or party or camping

Latest posts

Back