Portable Keg Setup - Yeeeeewwwwww

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To MarkBastard

Yeah had a quick look and i think it would have gone in, but i got the long shank tap so i would have had to sit the keg on top of where the beer line attaches on. It may work with a shorter shanked tap.

PFS
Looks like a rubbermaid, just doesnt have the same exterior IMHO and the lid looks slightly different. Quick google check tells me the price was ok for what i got though ;)

Hoyt has the right idea for an outdoor setting of mass guests ;)

I don't get the point of having 2 beer signs, 2 kegs, a split gas line but only 1 tap.

What am I missing?

Yeah I see what you mean. its just a way of identifying what keg is what. I could just label the keg I guess.

Looks fantastic. I was looking at Mark^*******'s a while back, and asked the missus to buy me a small Wheelie bin to start it off. She came back with a bright pink one - in case I didn't get around to it, she could use it for toys.

Kinda put me off the project for a while.

Back on Topic, doesn't the stand impede the whole portability idea? I know the reasoon I wanted to make one was purely so it was contained and could be traipsed around the party wherever I could get a seat.

Any special way to attach it? Thread tape?

Did you just crank out the existing one with a wrench?

I just unscrewed the one that came with the micromatic regulator, which is very similar to this - http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1157 but im sure its a different size. Cleaned the hole of the old thread tape. Put a little bit of thread tape around the thread of the JG fitting (http://craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=748) and screwed it in (be careful not to over tighten it. Its great. So easy to break down etc.

hahahahahaha what your wife did is pretty funny

I really didn't see the humor in it at the time! But looking back, it does mean I'm not roaming the streets with a keg of beer on a regular basis...

I think the keg in a wheelie bin is an awesome idea, but I just don't think I could rock up to a party with a pink one.

Looks fantastic. I was looking at Mark^*******'s a while back, and asked the missus to buy me a small Wheelie bin to start it off. She came back with a bright pink one - in case I didn't get around to it, she could use it for toys.

Kinda put me off the project for a while.

Back on Topic, doesn't the stand impede the whole portability idea? I know the reasoon I wanted to make one was purely so it was contained and could be traipsed around the party wherever I could get a seat.

Theres portability and then theres portability if you know what I mean.

The stand is not required for the system to work. I can take it or leave it at home. The stand is purely to bring it up to a nice pouring height. Plus the stand fits inside the bin with 1 keg also.

I really didn't see the humor in it at the time! But looking back, it does mean I'm not roaming the streets with a keg of beer on a regular basis...

I think the keg in a wheelie bin is an awesome idea, but I just don't think I could rock up to a party with a pink one.

I never ended up getting around to insulating that setup. I'm thinking of just buying a rubbermaid cooler instead for my little corny and thinking about getting whatever the smallest possible wheely bin is to fit one full size keg.

The little toy wheelie bin I was using is annoying because you have to carry it and you really need to insulate it or your ice won't last very long.

I figure with a small real wheelie bin at least you can use the built in wheels to move the keg around.

I'm gunna measure the height of the boot of my car and see if there's a wheelie bin that will fit standing upright in it but also fit a cornie. Then I'm gunna insulate using expanding foam.

Back