• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Porkert Hand Mill - Colac

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Reaction score
Morning All...

As the heading says, I have a Porkert hand mill for sale. It's been laying around the shed for a while so I thought it would be time to move it on to someone who needs it more. It done me justice and helped me get into all grain.
It's perfect for a BIAB brewer as it does tend to create a lot more flour as opposed to a roller mill. I
$50 and it yours...
SDC12982.JPG
SDC12985.JPG
SDC12987.JPG

I use a corona which is an identical design. I have used it for years - while it involves elbow grease and the hopper is small, it is extremely reliable and the plates are adjustable. I can crush wheat to flour (no husk) or just slightly crack malted barley with very simple adjustment of the plates. I aim for mostly crushed nuts consistency with some flour and some whole looking kernels - my crush looks similar to when I've had grain milled at Grain and Grape.

What I'm suggesting is that these mills are decent if you put the effort in and $50 is a great price. I had a barley crusher that I looked at motorising for a while but I've stuck with old trusty and have no regrets.

Probably no good if your system is large but I have run 3 batches worth of grain through it in one go. Obviously I now look like this

uca.jpg

I can also recommend this type of mill for biab. I took off the handle and replaced it with a bolt which can be driven by a socket bit in my ozito drill. Small hopper can be overcome by cutting th.e bottom out of a big neverfail water bottle and just sitting it in the mill hopper.

Any interest in the biceps building grain mill?

Yes! Didn't see this till now. I'll PM....

Back