Poll: Isb December Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Philip's place in Croydon Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trev's place down the "shire"

• Other - please advise

• Total voters

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
Hi fellow ISBers,

following the discussion on this thread, I thought I'd better start a poll.

Ben, Stu & myself like the idea of doing another brewday & are working on the recipes. It'll be at either my place or Trev's (I don't think he knows yet :eek: ). It is likely that we will do a parti-gyle with the 1st runnings used for an AIPA (1060 and 60IBUs), 2nd runnings for a golden ale (1040 and 40IBUs).

Volumes will be dependant on how many cubes people want, but at this stage we're working on 80L of each brew. :beer: We have boiler capacity but will need assistance with HLT's, heating technology plus mashtuns to deal with the large volume we're anticipating :super:

So let us know where/when suits you & if you'd like a cube as well as what gear you can bring along. Those that want a cube will split the cost like last time.

What do people think about doing a BBQ like we did @ Gav's? We can all bring some meat to char / rolls to munch.

Please don't feel like you must contribute gear or get a cube, just come along with some brews to share & lets have a good day.

Beers

Philip

Can bring my 40L ally pot, my mashtun's not big enough for the job though. Will bring a spare gas bottle & burner if needed.

Plenty of hops and some specialty grain to bring along...

I guess we are doing another yeast swap, i can bring some more Pacman, WLP036 or WLP029 for anyone that wants it, they should all be good matches for either recipe.

I can't do the 9th at all, got the work Xmas party on.

I'll keep a spreadsheet with all the equipment details and then if we are short of anything I'll shout for help. I can bring a mill, a 36L mash tun, NASA burner, gas bottle, digital scales (this time :eek: ), 50L kettle (now with tap) and a number of beers to help the brew day go well.

I'll post the recipes we have come up with later today and any comments on them would be appreciated. Once the recipe is finalised, we can decide who's bringing what hops.

I voted the 2nd, but I really don't care if it's the 2nd or the 9th as long as we can decide fairly soon. Looking forward to a great day, with hopefully far fewer OH&S violations this time. :lol:

ive been given permission for the 9th. let me know if i can provide anything i dont have much as im mostly an extract/k&k brewer.
i do have a couple of white labs begian ale wlp550 im not sure how they are fairing but if anyone wants to swap one ill bring one.

I have a 50 litre mash tun & 25 litre HLT you can use if needed.
Cheers Gerard

actually after consulting the diary, getting more than an hour free for the next 3 weeks is going to be pretty much impossible for me.... but i will definitely be up for some mass-brewing at a later date (like january or feb or something)

Sorry guys, I'm out both days. <oops edit swear words, I thought there was swear filter in here> in-laws have booked up both weekends. I'll probably be able to pop in briefly if at Phils but certainly not the majority of either day.

If aaahhhhh ermmmmm there is enough capacity I'll happily have a cube (AIPA prefer) but will bow to the requirements of those attending all day first.

as in other thread, can bring pump, 50l hlt/boiler & a 45l mashtun esky if needed. bbq sounds good. i voted 2nd but 9th might work as well...

Yeah..do it on the 2nd of Dec.

Then the next weekend you can all meet up and catch an East hills train and the change for another to Picton for the MALE chrissy drinks at the George the fourth at noonish

hehehe....

Another vote for the 2nd, a postal vote from DC82. :lol:

So shall we confirm that as the date?

Any thoughts on the recipes? (now in the recipe section)

Maybe drop me an email with your choice of beer if you want a cube, Philip, Ben S, barls, craig, ned (?). :unsure:

I don't mind the location, but the 2nd is good for me and I'd like to travel light this time so beer can be consumed in sufficient quantities, won't be needing a cube as I 'm up to my ears in beer at the moment !

I'm relativley new to Home Brewing and i'd love to come and watch how you's do the AG stuff as i'm still a happy little kit brewer but intrigued by all grain. I doubt i have much in the way of ingredients to help out with though. I suppose i could bring some of my k'n'k longnecks for some opinions, i would expect nothing in return, just seeing AG in full flight would make my day.

You'd be welcome, hooky. Bring along some beers and it'll be a great day. :beer:

Sounds like a good plan, mike. :super:

Had a thought the other day following on from Stu and Ben's chook feeding excercise a few weeks back, be good to do something similar with hops, maybe get 10 - 15 plastic cups and brew up some hop tea, to sample smell and taste, everyone to bring some very small samples of what they have to try. What do you think????

Unfortunately I can't make either day. However, I have available:
- 15 l electric thermos
- 38 l water cooler as mash and lauter tun
- 30 l s/s pot with mashmaster thermometer (haven't put spigot in yet but have capped it)
- 40 l s/s pot

I am interested in a cube or two, particularly a golden ale. If you need the gear I will have to arrange for a pick-up/drop off to someone during the week as I am booked up until the weekend of 16-17 Dec.

Hi guys,

I am probably missing something as usual but have the recipes for this weekend gone up anywhere yet. Not that I know much about this things of course but it's the only way to learn right??!!!

Any suggestions for yeasts welcomed.

Gav.

Gav,

checkout the recipe section. Stu posted em there about a week ago. I'm not sure if they are the final ones, but they should be pretty close if they aren't.

Philip

Gav,

checkout the recipe section. Stu posted em there about a week ago. I'm not sure if they are the final ones, but they should be pretty close if they aren't.

Philip

Ah yes, [/sound of penny dropping/] that recipies section. I was looking in the Recipes/Ingredients forum section

And now you mention it Gav, we still need some hops for these beers. Anybody with Amarillo, Columbus or Mt. Hood (we know who you are as well :p ) could you bring some along on the day or we might end up with fairly sweet beer. :( Pm/email me with what you are willing to be parted from.

And now you mention it Gav, we still need some hops for these beers. Anybody with Amarillo, Columbus or Mt. Hood (we know who you are as well :p ) could you bring some along on the day or we might end up with fairly sweet beer. :( Pm/email me with what you are willing to be parted from.

stu,

I have 1/2 lb of both amarillo & mt hood, but I'd like to save some for my own use if possible. let me know what you need

Philip

Back