Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
Thoughts on the new shrunken cabinet?Ministry positions gone: Citizenship, Multicultural Affairs, Science, International Development, Youth, Climate Change, Disability.New: Border Protection.
I doubt he has the depth in the party ranks to actually fill such ministries. They'd only be embarrassed. In terms of economic prudence, Abbot should be asking for a refund in advance on the salaries he expects to pay himself and the ministry for the next three years. That'd be a good start. He could then hire decent skilled people for that money to run the show.

Even after all these years, I still cant figure out what the **** Joe was trying to say. Ever.

http://youtu.be/9qervIo6Px0

Yeah, strange times. My partner works with asylum seekers so I get the scoop on a daily basis.

It appears so far that Abbott is being immediately regressive on many issues Australia could be making real progress on. I.e. gender, climate change, asylum seekers.

We are taking a step back. Let's hope the actual policies will not be as detrimental as is being augured.

How's the Coalition now refusing to report on boat arrival numbers? Stop the boats from day one they said! These are the arrogant pricks we have elected, they'll decide what we're allowed to know! Can you imagine how it would have gone down if the ALP declined to tell the public how many boats were arriving?!

Augers well when, they are already breaking promises, not that this is one they could ever hope to keep.

Bridges said:
Augers well when, they are already breaking promises, not that this is one they could ever hope to keep.
No, because despite their insistence while in opposition, immigration policy is not the driving factor behind boat arrivals. Civil war, persecution, torture - those things are.

Ahh, politicians. Bless their black little hearts.

1235551_10151906799590797_1732605483_n.jpg

Can we please lock this thread till some time in 2016 ?
It's all over, done and dusted, new government firmly in place till then.
No amount of bitching will get rid of them.
Be philosophical, accept the reality, and lose yourself in a bevy or two or three of your best beers.
So, who's for another beer?

Elections being over does not mean there is no politics to talk of. The thread was not started about elections, but about poplitics.

How bout you just stop clicking and let others discuss things rather than call for locking what you don't like?

Shorten or Albanese? bit of a rock and a hard place if you ask me. I'd like to see Jason Clare leading the ALP, he seems like a straightforward no bullshit kind of person.

Met Shorten at a union event. If he's allowed to run his own race he's a no BS bloke who I'd love to be in charge. It's about appeasing the rest of the party though.

Bridges said:
Met Shorten at a union event. If he's allowed to run his own race he's a no BS bloke who I'd love to be in charge. It's about appeasing the rest of the party though.
He's carrying a lot of baggage though. I bet there are a lot of people in the Labor Party that would like to knife him in the back.

I would have thought the ALP would be after some unity.

Shorten was the cause of a lot of their instability.

He should be told to sit in the corner and not say a word for a couple of years and hope people forget.

Latest posts

Back