Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. It may be the only positive legacy of Kevin Rudd's second Prime Ministership. If it is technically called that.

Plibersek was a good health minister....She struck me as a no bullshit sort of person

Yes, she was good on Q&A the other night too. She is on the ticket with Shorten, but if I had my pick I would put her deputy behind Albanese.

It would be great to see some new faces come through that are not part of the rudd/gillard/rudd wars. I 'm of the opinion that Jason Clare could go a long way in politics.

I can't see Albo as PM material. His demeanour is so relaxed, even when he gets fired up its like someone arguing over when to flip a steak at a barbecue. Shorten could pull it off. It's all about who wants to cop it as the greasy pancake.
Tanya Pilbersek is intelligent and quick, I could get behind her but give it a few years. What I think and what everybody else does are very different things.

Albanese, Shorten, Plibersek makes no difference, no one remembers the opposition leader. I still don't get why Rudd busted a gut only to resign as soon as he lost??

Because of the new leadership rules that butt-hurt Rudd introduced they are stuck with a leader until they resign, so whoever takes the job now will likely be their contender at the next election.

Liam_snorkel said:
Because of the new leadership rules that butt-hurt Rudd introduced they are stuck with a leader until they resign, so whoever takes the job now will likely be their contender at the next election.
Mmmm. But a little consistency in leadership shouldn't hurt Labor right about now.

That's the way ALP, keep squabbling over leadership.

Slow learners I reckon.

dougsbrew said:
Yeah, she speaks - still liking the word 'guts' I see, great vocab for a PM.
Heres article of her bruised ego, attacking her own party member the Rudstar.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/julia-gillard-launches-scathing-attack-on-kevin-rudd-and-the-pain-she-still-feels-over-being-dumped/story-fnii5s3y-1226719034631
A more balanced and interesting write-up of the same article:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-14/julia-gillard-slams-labors-leadership-rules/4957886

She has a point but Labor needs some consistency and unity right now, if they are ever to display strong opposition to The Abbott's conservatism. Hopefully the ballot system will put either Albanese or Shorten in leadership with a minimum of fuss. They are both promising "positive" campaigns.

Both parties have had their leadership issues. They are just at different times to each other. remember Howard/Costello then Abbott/Turnbull. At the end of the day they are both parties are as bad as each other

Ducatiboy stu said:
At the end of the day both parties are as bad as each other
Hard to argue with that, but due to the preferential voting system a choice between the two always needs to be made ...

Well if the libs didnt have the National party things would be different. It is interesting to note that there are more labor MP's than Liberal...but once you add tha Nats things change. If anything its the Nats who get the Libs into power.

True. People often shorthand the Liberals for the Coalition, which is often fine but can sometimes compromise the statement.

And the Nats are week as ****. They just tow the liberal line like sheep

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well if the libs didnt have the National party things would be different. It is interesting to note that there are more labor MP's than Liberal...but once you add tha Nats things change. If anything its the Nats who get the Libs into power.
Three more years of minority government.

You could say that considering they only have control of the lower house.

Thoughts on the new shrunken cabinet?

Ministry positions gone: Citizenship, Multicultural Affairs, Science, International Development, Youth, Climate Change, Disability.

New: Border Protection.

Back