Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno why you're laughing. It's a serious problem. You'll be sorry when an angora has taken your job then eats your kids (puntastic!) and calls it cappreto.

phpjvuDYyAM.jpg
jlm said:
They speak my language.

It's no wonder some of these goaties their conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
HA. First one I got was "reduce the smugglers" with a pic of Abbott on the page, I'll be a happy man if I NEVER see a pic of him in his smugglers again.

Liam_snorkel said:
If we're going to talk about incompetence, why is it that the LNP won't use/rely on treasury to cost their policies? Remember their "audit" from last election?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opinion/debate-impossible-when-opposition8217s-dr-no8217-and-co-damn-all-data-including-that-from-treasury/story-fnihsr9v-1226687498334
Bridges said:
Yep certainly do remember it. Still just trying to get my head around why if our media and pollies seem to think that boat people are the single biggest issue facing Australia at the moment. I'd really love to hear about some of the other real issues facing us from both sides. (Not saying boat people is a non issue, just way down the list IMO)
more of the same:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/05/joe-hockey-refuses-budget-total

The shadow treasurer, Joe Hockey, told Guardian Australia that individual Coalition election policies would be “fully and rigorously costed” but adding them up to forecast a final budget deficit or surplus would be “meaningless” because the starting point would have to be the Treasury’s projections, and they were “not credible”.

To say Treasury isn't credible, but a 1 page document from a dodgy accounting firm is, is pretty ridiculous.

Did I hear correctly over the radio that Tony Abbot would like to see more of the 'zeal' displayed by muslims enacted in the christian community?
Or words to that effect.

I guess as a roman catholic he feels a kinship with observers of absurd prohibitions.

manticle said:
Rhetorical question?
Yes and no :rolleyes:

But to me its more important whose first than making sure some whacko mob is last on the list.

On the same but different note. I am in an electorate that is always held by the same party by a huge margin.
I feel if I vote for any other party my vote is wasted. :(

pcmfisher said:
On the same but different note. I am in an electorate that is always held by the same party by a huge margin.
I feel if I vote for any other party my vote is wasted. :(
whoever is no.1 on your ballot gets the $$$ (provided they get at least 4% of the vote)

http://www.aec.gov.au/parties_and_representatives/public_funding/Current_Funding_Rate.htm

and it makes complete sense to put the shittest of the shitcunts last on your ballot, and order them backwards from there:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be in McEwen, one of the most marginal seats in the country, in '07 Fran Bailey lost by six votes there was court cases and recounts and she ended up winning by 30 or so votes. It was great, roll out the pork barrel in 2010. Then they redid the electoral boundaries and I'm now in Scullin. Safe Labor seat where Harry Jenkins has been voted in since 1969. (Senior and Junior) The bloke the libs have put up against him previously had never even been to the area. Shows how seriously they take it. I preferred being in the more marginal seat. You really knew your vote counted.

edit grammar cheers Liam

Yeah sorry, wasn't very clear was I. Point being

"On the same but different note. I am in an electorate that is always held by the same party by a huge margin.
I feel if I vote for any other party my vote is wasted. :("

I agree a bit with pcmfisher, having seen candidates on the ground and at any local event they could in a marginal seat, to them being invisible in a safe seat, it is a bit frustrating.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Actually Tony Windsor was a very good politician. Very smart and articulate without the bullshit. Shame he is the last of a dying breed. .Katter..well he is from central QLD...:p
Tony Windsor was a CxxT he just hated the Nats because he never got pre-selection......he hated Abbott went with Julia which was against the vote of his electorate and while backing the carbon tax failed to tell people how much he made out of selling his land to coal miners. All togethera disingenuous an.

Bridges said:
Yep certainly do remember it. Still just trying to get my head around why if our media and pollies seem to think that boat people are the single biggest issue facing Australia at the moment. I'd really love to hear about some of the other real issues facing us from both sides. (Not saying boat people is a non issue, just way down the list IMO)
List what other issues that have been budgeted for in the millions have blown out to the billions One statement....when Ruddy took over 4 people in detention........no one losing their life at sea. What changed?

Ducatiboy stu said:
How fucked is it that refugees and asylum seekers are caught up in the disgusting show of political one-upmanship. We should all feel ashamed that we allow both parties to engage in this bullshit. All they want is a better life.
Stu value your comment but why do they get rid of their papers?

manticle said:
Too ******* right.
Really shitty with both sides' perspectives on this but labour should be pretty ******* ashamed of their current policy.
PAPERS

Latest posts

Back