Politics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutch said:
Who said anything about the process being corrupted?
I'm talking about a single letter to the LNP being the catalyst for these ridiculous machines to be used in QLD.
Looks like the guys who import the Taipan SX7 are getting shafted by it being Segway branded PMD's only.
You ever ridden one?

Segway? Yeah. Taipan? No.

Clutch said:
Who said anything about the process being corrupted?
I'm talking about a single letter to the LNP being the catalyst for these ridiculous machines to be used in QLD.
Looks like the guys who import the Taipan SX7 are getting shafted by it being Segway branded PMD's only.
The bit about Segway distribution rights and an LNP member or donor owning said rights and the set of circumstances this infers would just about sow up the corruption bit for me.............

30 bil deficit, 50% increase in tobacco excise, levy on bank deposits, unemployment up, economy down.
What a way to kick off an election campaign!

Doesn't tobacco related health care cost Australia somewhere in the region of 31billion dollars annually. Makes sense to me that smokers should foot some of this bill. Yeah I'm a non smoker.

I would think health issues from people not eating healthy or exercising and health issues from drugs and alcohol would cost a bit per annum as well. Imagine the outcry if unhealthy food copped a massive tax increase to prevent people eating poorly.

Hasn't that idea been floated as a "Fat tax" which I suppose we sort of have that to some extent anyhow, given that fresh fruit and veg etc are GST exempt, and if Abbott gets in he's said he'll "look at the GST" which can only mean an increase.

Bridges said:
Doesn't tobacco related health care cost Australia somewhere in the region of 31billion dollars annually. Makes sense to me that smokers should foot some of this bill. Yeah I'm a non smoker.
Yes, would make sense if the revenue goes to the health sector.
But I would suggest it goes to general revenue to help with ALP reckless squanderings.

Just when you thought the politics thread was going to go away...

Liam_snorkel said:
Here we go
I think we waste a huge amount of money on brewers who pretend to work and study but spend their time drinking great beers and not sharing with their comrades. I imagine that at Armakeggon they will have to buy old fat bastards beer and then argue politics. Bloody lefties the world would be better without them.......then i would always be right and that would be a really shithouse world!

Rowy said:
I think we waste a huge amount of money on brewers who pretend to work and study but spend their time drinking great beers and not sharing with their comrades. I imagine that at Armakeggon they will have to buy old fat bastards beer and then argue politics. Bloody lefties the world would be better without them.......then i would always be right and that would be a really shithouse world!
Legit just spat beer out. Love it Rowy. Love that we can all completely disagree about anything but still have enough respect to get along and have a good time with people that we normally wouldn't. Looking forward to catching up mate.

Hoping for another hung parliament so I can watch Abbott's head explode.

Yeah..me to........that would be so much fun to see him in another hung parliament.....

Back