Pigs Fly Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_tewierik

Reaction score
I know this has been covered in the Pub section back in '06 already, http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=pigs+fly, but I thought my comments would be more approriate here.

I was in Sydney last weekend for a tournament and on Friday picked up lunch in Coogee. The local Bottleshop opposit the pub on the foreshore had Pigs Fly Pale Ale on the Shelf, so I picked up a sixer and shared it around with those I was having lunch with. It rated favourably with all punters moreso than the Squires IPA that we were also drinking.

I managed to sneak a bottle home on the flight home on Sunday with a couple of the IPA as well, whacked it in the fridge and knocked the top off it on Monday evening.

Have to say I enjoyed it very much and would love to hunt some more down in Brisbane, but according to the website they're not shipping any up here yet. Will have to wait for my trip to Sydney in January and pick up a case to see if I can reproduce the flavour with my own setup.

I know this has been covered in the Pub section back in '06 already, http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=pigs+fly, but I thought my comments would be more approriate here.

I was in Sydney last weekend for a tournament and on Friday picked up lunch in Coogee. The local Bottleshop opposit the pub on the foreshore had Pigs Fly Pale Ale on the Shelf, so I picked up a sixer and shared it around with those I was having lunch with. It rated favourably with all punters moreso than the Squires IPA that we were also drinking.

I managed to sneak a bottle home on the flight home on Sunday with a couple of the IPA as well, whacked it in the fridge and knocked the top off it on Monday evening.

Have to say I enjoyed it very much and would love to hunt some more down in Brisbane, but according to the website they're not shipping any up here yet. Will have to wait for my trip to Sydney in January and pick up a case to see if I can reproduce the flavour with my own setup.

This thread should give a helpful starting point Link

Dave

Latest posts

Back