PID Controller wanted.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
I want to control my mash better(electric single vessel) and step mash would be nice so I was wondering is there anywhere you can purchase a PID Controller ready to plug and play at a reasonable price or maybe an electrically proficient AHB Member that might be interested in a project?? I would probably blow myself up so it may be better to source elsewhere.

Peter

The thing with brewpi is the algorithm used is geared around fermenting in a fridge, with a small heater to offset undershoots, I know there is a couple of threads over there on using for mash, but I think they have made some changes to the 'standard' configuration

ED: the BCS460 with SSR and sensor with the addition of a wifi adaptor, will do the job admirably and leave room for expansion, you would need a wireless pad or phone with browser, but nice GUI and easy to program once you get your head around basic setup. $350.00 would have you in the ball park also

I had my brother, comp engineer/geek/smart guy look at brewpi for use in cheese making. His way of looking at brewpi was. " it will do more than you will ever even want it to do"...not hard to get it to what you want...it will even do things that some industrial controllers ( that he works on ) wont do.

You can buy a PID on ebay for $35 if you want.

MastersBrewery said:
The thing with brewpi is the algorithm used is geared around fermenting in a fridge, with a small heater to offset undershoots, I know there is a couple of threads over there on using for mash, but I think they have made some changes to the 'standard' configuration
only if you want it to work like that

Hey all Its great thread having nice information about PID controller i think A PID Controller is a system that automatically adjusts some variable to hold a measurement. ,.it attempts to minimize the error by adjusting the process control inputs.

Back