• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ph meter where to buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
Im after a ph meter. I have had a bit of a search. I dont really want to go to The ph strips..

Whats the best place to buy one from on nsw and whats good pricing.

I want one the self calibrates to temp.

I dont like the look of the jaycar or bunnings ones i saw.

Thanks for your help

Look up what ATC means before you buy a meter. There are plenty of threads discussing this. You will still need to cool your sample to around room temp to take a reading.

look in hydroponic section of ebay or go to a local hydroponic shop...they can range from $15 - $200+

none of them auto calibrate, you need to buy buffers (4pH and 7pH), but most all have ATC (auto temperature correction)

ATC just means that the probe will automatically compensate for the higher (or lower) temperature but the value/reading will not be a true reflection of the actual pH of the solution
For example if you take a sample at 40C and measure the pH at that temperature the reading will be 0.3 higher than the true value at 25C hence why you should "always" cool (or sometimes heat) your sample to 25C (room temperature)
Have a read of the attached where there is a chart that shows the reading error with respect to temperature
http://au.omega.com/prodinfo/ph-meter.html

Wobbly

Good ones aren't cheap, I was just looking on eBay and if I didn't have a good one, I would be bidding on this
Hach EC10 pH
Mark

I need one via the weekend. Ive seen alot of ebay and Internet ones but was hoping for something roughly local.

Im in the market for a ph meter & saw this post

Contacted MHB who was good enough to give his much valued advice on the E-Bay meter he mentioned

Have since contacted Hach who told me the meter was made obsolete 1967 they still have made
probes available twice but will not guarantee the one that might replace it will work

They will take it back but at a cost

I was keen on this item on ebay as it was a 4-$600 meter in its day
but gunner let this one go too risky & not up to the times (electronics wise)

So anyone out there use the Omega 7011 ?

Have been trawling the the archives Grainer you there your'es still going anyone else

I think this is the way Im leaning as I cant spend too much kids & all priorities priorities :)

The Milwaukie MW102 looks good but I think you need their solutions is this correct

Anyone with advice would be welcomed looking at the portable type $100 to $160

I ended up going to a hydroponics store was $90. Self calibrating to temp. Most hydropobics stores i rung had the meters

I got the (AD 11). From Perth Scientific. http://www.perthscientific.com.au/product/pocket-ph-tester/
From looking around I chose them and glad too. I jumped in eagerly on made the oversight of ordering the calibration fluid. I got a personal call from them on my order to advise me I didn't order the calibration fluid and explained and answered my questions in a good chat. It meant spending another $25 now or find out the hard way and have to re order and cost more etc. Very honest dealers. That is rare service care these days.

rude said:
Im in the market for a ph meter & saw this post

Contacted MHB who was good enough to give his much valued advice on the E-Bay meter he mentioned

Have since contacted Hach who told me the meter was made obsolete 1967 they still have made
probes available twice but will not guarantee the one that might replace it will work

They will take it back but at a cost

I was keen on this item on ebay as it was a 4-$600 meter in its day
but gunner let this one go too risky & not up to the times (electronics wise)

So anyone out there use the Omega 7011 ?

Have been trawling the the archives Grainer you there your'es still going anyone else

I think this is the way Im leaning as I cant spend too much kids & all priorities priorities :)

The Milwaukie MW102 looks good but I think you need their solutions is this correct

Anyone with advice would be welcomed looking at the portable type $100 to $160
Hmmm, thats not good. Im the leading bidder at $45. Should have done my research as you did. Caveat emptor

Danscraftbeer said:
I got the (AD 11). From Perth Scientific. http://www.perthscientific.com.au/product/pocket-ph-tester/
From looking around I chose them and glad too. I jumped in eagerly on made the oversight of ordering the calibration fluid. I got a personal call from them on my order to advise me I didn't order the calibration fluid and explained and answered my questions in a good chat. It meant spending another $25 now or find out the hard way and have to re order and cost more etc. Very honest dealers. That is rare service care these days.
Cheers Dan near me too

I like the look of the AD12
0.01 accuracy cost more though

Someone just posted one for sale here in the forum

Latest posts

Back