Pete Tells It Like It Is

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read the expanded article by the Herald Sun here

"I'd choke before I ever drank VB"

Threw in a couple of comments of my own, interesting to see if they get past the mods ;)

the NickB post in that story isn't mine. Someone stole my nickname!

Aaargh!

Did they take into consideration all the home brew getting made and consumed? Most of the comments talk about beer being expensive and has lost it's taste, but we all know the answer here at AHB, :chug:

Drew

the NickB post in that story isn't mine. Someone stole my nickname!

Aaargh!

Bloody identity theft , I bet that the false NickB is running amok and you'll soon be accused of consorting with chickens.

:ph34r:

Oh that's OK, just as long as I'm not mistaken as a Coalition supporter.

:ph34r:

This trend also seems to be a result of the ridiculous amount of young blokes that now drink the bright red/pink/yellow/green cruisers along with all the girls. I went to a 21st recently and the pre-mixed drinks disappeared within an hour and a half as most of the blokes were drinking them whilst ignoring the perfectly good js golden ale and the a few of the usual beer suspects.

This trend also seems to be a result of the ridiculous amount of young blokes that now drink the bright red/pink/yellow/green cruisers along with all the girls. I went to a 21st recently and the pre-mixed drinks disappeared within an hour and a half as most of the blokes were drinking them whilst ignoring the perfectly good js golden ale and the a few of the usual beer suspects.

You can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink it. My son (20) wont go anywhere near my brews, taste shit, its sweet, its yuk but has helped me lift the boiling pot for the last 10. Buys the TED`S by the boxfull and and has the cheek to cool them in among my kegs. He doesnt go hard by any stretch but yeah girly stuff jaggermonsters and jellysnakes etc. If I was 20 would I be drinking JS? most definitly not. I wanna get nailed and rooted and worry about the taste tomorrow.

edit. i looked for the TP post but got lost. Whatever you did Pete well done :beerbang:

Post 51 second last post lol

encase you still cant find it

Sunshine Pete Posted at 9:26 AM Today

A lot of you people really have no idea of what constitutes a good beer. I am an all-grain home brewer & can make a very reasonable approximation of any beer in the world for a fraction of the cost of a carton of megaswill. A six-pack a week! I spill more than that in the course of a brewday. Get yourselves to a place that sells craftbeer or buy a few imported beers & you'll realise how the major breweries have been ripping us off in the name of profit since the year dot.

Comment 51 of 52

Pete's post was #51 in the QLD Courier Mail story, Haysie being in Acapulco / Tijuana may have been looking at the syndicated Herald story. They don't seem to have run the story in Sydney for some reason.

Pete's post was #51 in the QLD Courier Mail story, Haysie being in Acapulco / Tijuana may have been looking at the syndicated Herald story. They don't seem to have run the story in Sydney for some reason.

Yeah Yeah, I got there, Thx Kelby!
Well Done again Pete, and IM NOT YELLING PETE. Wheres NickB when I need him?
TP was/is a great bloke on this forum that a few years ago gave me great yeast and other tips and enjoyed reading his posts.....even the ones taking the piss out of him. Its a real shame he dont frequent here anymore because of the lameass attitude of a few.
Hope you see thu it TP and get back posting mate.

Yeah Yeah, I got there, Thx Kelby!
Well Done again Pete, and IM NOT YELLING PETE. Wheres NickB when I need him?
TP was/is a great bloke on this forum that a few years ago gave me great yeast and other tips and enjoyed reading his posts.....even the ones taking the piss out of him. Its a real shame he dont frequent here anymore because of the lameass attitude of a few.
Hope you see thu it TP and get back posting mate.

I was over at his place the other day, and he's well, still pm-ing but just not posting.

I'm slowly trying to correct this. I have two mates now who have been xxxx gold drinkers since they could drink, because their dads have been xxxx gold drinkers since they could drink. Anyway, neither of them can drink xxxx gold anymore. All that free beer from me has activated some taste receptors.

You can lead a horse to water but cant make him drink it. My son (20) wont go anywhere near my brews, taste shit, its sweet, its yuk but has helped me lift the boiling pot for the last 10. Buys the TED`S by the boxfull and and has the cheek to cool them in among my kegs. He doesnt go hard by any stretch but yeah girly stuff jaggermonsters and jellysnakes etc. If I was 20 would I be drinking JS? most definitly not. I wanna get nailed and rooted and worry about the taste tomorrow.

edit. i looked for the TP post but got lost. Whatever you did Pete well done :beerbang:

You do realise that this amount of 4.56 litres is not the amount of beer, but the amount of pure alcohol consumed in the beer. So with mass-produced beer mostly being a touch under 5% alcohol that means people are drinking around 100L of beer. It's not that people drank an average of a beer a month! Just shows how functionally innumerate journalists are with the same figures being all over the media but nobody noticed this.

See here for last year's figures where you can see the pure alcohol consumption plus the amount of beer drunk.

Stuster you are pointing out something that everyone gets to realise at some point.
Whenever a newspaper or TV runs a story on a subject that you personally know intimately, they invariably get it dead ******* wrong.

Therefore by extension you can bet that most of what you read in the media on any subject is probably highly inaccurate.

Latest posts

Back