• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Perth - Where To Buy Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbrewer76543

Reaction score
Just a quick question to Perth members: where is the best place to buy bulk grain?

I haven't seen a "Perth bulk buy" thread going around so where do you all get your grains from?

Cheers

Just a quick question to Perth members: where is the best place to buy bulk grain?

I haven't seen a "Perth bulk buy" thread going around so where do you all get your grains from?

Cheers

Gryphon brewer supplies,

Speak to Nev!!

He will be able to help!

Hey Nev can you crush the grain for a prospective buyer? And do you supply grain as per a recipe eg 5kg ale malt 250g roasted barley or do you only sell it in set amounts?

I need to pop in and see your store sometime, I always travel a distance to another LHBS but would like to share the wealth.

Cheers

Nothing stopping you doing a Bulk Buy thread.

Ha Ha

RM

I vote for Gryphon.

Just to balance the ledger (and claim no affiliation, etc, etc :p ) you could also try TWOC in Bibra Lake.

WJ

PS. Neville's record speaks for itself

Haven't been to Gryphon but can say that TWOC in Bibra Lake is very good. Have always had great,friendly service there.

I get mine from Nev at Gryphon. He can provide you with cracked or uncracked. Not sure if he can do a mix, but he measures out 1kg bags and vac seals. Every time I've been there he's had a great pale ale on tap to try while having a chat.

I get mine from Nev at Gryphon. He can provide you with cracked or uncracked. Not sure if he can do a mix, but he measures out 1kg bags and vac seals. Every time I've been there he's had a great pale ale on tap to try while having a chat.

Not trying to start something but look out for the liquour licencing police. Thats is unless they do things differently over yonder or Nev has a licence to serve.

BYB :icon_cheers:

Hey Nev can you crush the grain for a prospective buyer? And do you supply grain as per a recipe eg 5kg ale malt 250g roasted barley or do you only sell it in set amounts?

I need to pop in and see your store sometime, I always travel a distance to another LHBS but would like to share the wealth.
WE can do this.
GB

Not trying to start something but look out for the liquour licencing police. Thats is unless they do things differently over yonder or Nev has a licence to serve.

BYB :icon_cheers:

If he isn't selling it can't see a problem. Sooner drink a beer than a coffee having a chat in a HBS.

;)

Really he is not technically in the 'alcohol' trade, he would be basically selling grocery items or maybe in the same category as a health food shop or deli etc so legally I suppose it's no different to having a stubby with your family car mechanic (done that) or a home made vino with your Italian greengrocer out the back (done that too :p ). However they never seem to offer me a drink at ALDI :unsure:

What would the difference be if he came over my place and had one of my beers on tap?

Nothing wrong with a couple of mates having a drink chatting about beer in someones backyard. He's not selling beer.

L_Bomb, go and see Nev. He's an extremely highly trained and qualified brewer with a truck-load of trophys and gold medals to prove it. He'll get you sorted on recipes etc. He also carries a fair bit of stuff that he is too lazy to put up on his website :p

Visiting in person is a must.

Cheers and good luck,
Pat

P.S. TWOC is fine but Nev is a hell of a lot cheaper.

L_Bomb, go and see Nev. He's an extremely highly trained and qualified brewer with a truck-load of trophys and gold medals to prove it. He'll get you sorted on recipes etc. He also carries a fair bit of stuff that he is too lazy to put up on his website :p

Visiting in person is a must.

Cheers and good luck,
Pat

P.S. TWOC is fine but Nev is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Cheers for the info everyone :D

I've been going to TWOC for my ingredients since I started (10x 25L batches)

I recently bought a 50L stockpot, 2kW element and a thermostat so I'm moving toward BIAB and as such will be needing much more grain than previously with extract brewing

I'll drop in on Nev this Saturday if I'm not feeling too hung over from the work sundowner on Friday :icon_drunk:

edit: spelling

Got a street address for Gryphon Brewing?

I can't find it in the white pages or on the website... :huh:

Back