PERTH ROYAL BEER SHOW 2013 - Now 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jyo said:
I can't make it so I have two tasting tickets up for grabs if anyone wants them.
That sucks. I'll let you know how many gold medals you have when we get there.

Congratulations To Following in last nights Perth Royal Beer Show Awards

The James Squire Trophy
For Best Amateur Brewer
Won By: BRIAN FITZGERALD

The Brewmart Brewing Supplies Trophy
For Best Amateur Beer Of The Show
Won By: JEREMY SAMBROOKS
Rapid Fire Weizenbock in Class 15F

The Royal Agricultural Society Of WA Trophy
For Best Lager
Won By: TERRY STAINTON
Old Smokey in Class 11E

The Brewmart Trophy
For Best Ale
Won By: BRIAN FITZGERALD
Farmhouse Red in Class 12H

The Beer And Beef Club Of Perth Trophy
For Best Stout
Won By: DAVID ALLSWORTH
Byford Black Oatmeal in Class 13E

The Beer and brewer Magazine Trophy
For Best Reduced Alcohol
Won By: MATT MARINICH
Easy Vader in Class 14

The Royal Agricultural Society Of WA Trophy
For Best Wheat Beer
Won By: JEREMY SAMBROOKS
Rapid Fire Weizenbock in Class 15F

My Results

Third Best Amateur Brewer

Silver Medal Class 012D- Ale- Indian Pale Ale (Sandgroper IPA)
Silver Medal Class 012E- Ale- Amber Ale (Sandgroper Bitter)
Bronze Medal Class 013C- Stout- Imperial (Sandgroper Stout)
Bronze Medal Class 0014- Reduced Alcohol (Sandgroper Gold)

Well there is a few brain cells less this morning. :chug:
Congratulations and thanks to the organisers, committee, judges and stewards for putting on another great PRBS.
Judging standards were high again this year with only four Golds awarded across the Amateur section.
Well done to those that picked up medals, to those that didnt , there is always next year.
Nev

Was a great afternoon. Many thanks to all involved. Now to eat something greasy.

Well today is Sunday so it is hair of the dog time :icon_drool2: .
Have a drink and get back on the gas :chug:

Aces High said:
Its worth putting an entry in just to go to the tasting day. Its a very messy afternoon, but good fun.
Probably the only reason to enter this year (2014). Just going to copy and paste a bit of what I just wrote on BIABrewer...

As for judging for amateurs, this comp, every year is more and more ignoring amateurs. This year, I will only put in one beer as last year the resources allocated to amateurs was ridiculously low. Worse still, this year, they have offered a $1,000 prize but guess who it goes to? - "Best Commercial Beer of the Show". That is totally ridiculous. A $1,000 to a commercial brewery is nothing. The award itself is worth heaps.

Anyway, just make sure you pay for one beer entry by 29th August. Enter online [url=http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/best-in-show/competition-entries/beer.aspx]here[/URL] and maybe, don't even bother sending a beer in - I might even do that as a protest!

Not as bad as my good mate up the road who sent me an email when he heard about the thousand dollar prize to commercials, "I'll enter my fiver year old exploding stout."
:D

Such a shame this comp is becoming less and less for amateurs every year. Nev, what does Dan reckon?

I sent an email to the PRBS, suggesting that the cash prize was pretty pointless. I got a polite reply, but not with a great deal of substance.

Good on you dent :super: .

Hope you are going along for the tasting regardless. Regardless of the comp, that is always great fun!

PRBS

EXHIBITS MUST BE RECEIVED from 10.00am to 4.00pm on MONDAY 13 October 2014 and/or TUESDAY 14 October 2014

Upon arranging delivery of Exhibits by Courier please advise them NOT to deliver prior to these dates as they will not be accepted. Please be aware of this
when sending Exhibits by Post. Delivery time is between 10.00am and 4.00pm.

Judging will commence on Monday 20 October 2014

The Awards Presentation will be held on Friday 24 October 2014 from 6.30pm at the Parmelia Hilton, Perth

Tickets are selling fast, so please secure your table quickly email John Clark on [email protected] by FRIDAY 10 OCTOBER 2014. Tickets are $120
Executive Chef Michael Schmidt serves a tasty selection of fantastic local produce over three courses matched to our Award winning beers.

georgecopley said:
PRBS

EXHIBITS MUST BE RECEIVED from 10.00am to 4.00pm on MONDAY 13 October 2014 and/or TUESDAY 14 October 2014

Upon arranging delivery of Exhibits by Courier please advise them NOT to deliver prior to these dates as they will not be accepted. Please be aware of this
when sending Exhibits by Post. Delivery time is between 10.00am and 4.00pm.Judging will commence on Monday 20 October 2014

The Awards Presentation will be held on Friday 24 October 2014 from 6.30pm at the Parmelia Hilton, Perth
Tickets are selling fast, so please secure your table quickly email John Clark on [email protected] by FRIDAY 10 OCTOBER 2014. Tickets are $120[/size]Executive Chef Michael Schmidt serves a tasty selection of fantastic local produce over three courses matched to our Award winning beers.[/size]
So doors open at defininitely 10am rather than 9am as per the info pack mailed out? It changes how I'm going to b able to drop them off.

Yeah just checked, my paperwork that was mailed says 9am. Ill get someone else to drop mine off after 10am though.

Does anyone happen to have any spare tickets for this saturdays tasting day? I'm just looking for 2 x extras.

Cheers

I have two going spare as I cant make it. Gutted really because that was the main reason for entering, although the feedback will be good.
PM me if you want them

O-beer-wan-kenobi said:
I have two going spare as I cant make it. Gutted really because that was the main reason for entering, although the feedback will be good.
PM me if you want them
Very generous offer, sure he will be happy.
Nev

Back