Perth - Mash Demo This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
I will be holding a mashing demo this Saturday from 1pm, at International homebrew supplies. They are located on Beechboro Road in Bayswater (look for the signs on the road, it's hidden at the back of a small complex).

It's a great chance to see what the fuss is all about, and a chance to heckle a funny looking short fat guy to boot! We will be doing a simple american pale ale, and demonstrating just how easy it is, and how little equipment you really need.

There will also be a BBQ and beer tastings to be had. Hope to see you there.

Jeff

Damn it :(
Need to visit this forum more often....way, way late for this one.

Ditto how'd i miss that one.
So how'd it go?

:beer:

Richard

It was a top day. No major problems, except forgetting a lighter and having to do bad things with a piece of burning paper to get the burners running.

Had a good crowd of about 18 people. Enough for a lively atmosphere, not too many that I felt overwhelmed with questions.

One thing that stood out is how many approximations I use when I'm brewing. I'd explain what I was doing next, and the theory behind it, then add ingredients or adjust temperatures by feel and experience. When I measured things afterwards, everything was spot on, so it wasn't that I didn't know what I was doing, it was more a case of me having 'the vibe' of my system.

I have a new system waiting for me to commission, and I'm dreading having to learn the in's and out's of it all over again.

Anyways...where was I? Oh yes, the beer is polpping away meriily in the fermenter at 21 degrees, and it should be a nice little amarillo APA.

Back