Perth Brewday > Sunday 20th April 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worried you might get jumped on the lawn again, Case? :D

I'll be there. I might even have some honest-to-goodness home-brewed beer to bring too.

Boy am I looking forward to a day out. I will be there. I have no stock and will not be bringing home-brewed beer but might have the decantings off the top of a starter by then, if you're lucky.

Boy am I looking forward to a day out. I will be there. I have no stock and will not be bringing home-brewed beer but might have the decantings off the top of a starter by then, if you're lucky.
I recall you are connoisseur of them deebee remembering back to the brewday at Goats when you skulled the starter :p

I recall you are connoisseur of them deebee remembering back to the brewday at Goats when you skulled the starter :p

if thats the is the case, i sure hope deebee is thirsty as i've got a 15L starter going :icon_drool2:

I DID NOT skull the starter. I sipped it thoughtfully until it was all gone.

Damn wish i could make it. Need a brew day fix too.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Rich

Hey Guys,

looks like my mate "simba" want's to jump on this brewing bandwagon, he is a qualified aviation mechanic and has been busy putting his AG brewing rig together
with stolen pieces from aircrafts. He called me last night and wants to bring his rig down on the brewday and enlist the help from you guys with his first mash
i asked him what he would like to brew and he said "an english pale ale", i can't think of anything tastier than darryn's TTLLPA!

Cheers Rob.

Aircraft parts hey ? Sounds like competition..
Has he installed an Ejector Seat ?
Can't wait to hear the Rolls Royce Gas turbine spooling up for the boil.

Well fellas it looks like there might be a communal taxi or bus run from Pats in Freo to Robs. Anyone else en-route who might be interested in sharing a ride feel free to PM me or Pat :) .
Cheers
Doug

Woohoo ! Great day Rob and Sarah. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, the Sunday timeslot is proving to be a bad idea this morning, but I'm sure I'll survive ;)

I didn't have my camera with me, so someone else will have to post the photos of Deebee skulling that 15L starter... :huh:

Thanks for a great day Rob. Its always good to see a brewer controlling his equipment like an astronaut landing a space shuttle. Sarah did an excellent job of the catering. The bar gets raised after every meet.
Good to meet you Kenny. I've never seen anyone stirfry beer before. I learn something new every brewday.
BTW I have attached a photo of modifications which will improve the functionality of your mash kettle.

kettle.gif

Come on guys, I don't often miss these things, but when I do, I need photos.

Ditto, was in Sorrento when the call went out. My eye's must be painted on 'coz I missed this thread till now....
PICS!

Great shindig Rob and Sarah!

Good to catch up with everyone and meet GMK. Tasted some sensation beers and lost my cherry to a Randall!
Spoke to a brick wall about all grain brewing for a while too.... got bored of that and went back to musing all things beer with everyone else...

Top day!
:icon_cheers:

Asher

Twas a sensational day. Thanks Rob and Sarah for a top effort. :icon_cheers:
There were some sensational beers flying about. The 2002 Chimay Blue was a bit of a highlight for me as was the growler of Colonial Porter that Brendanos pulled out. Was fantastic to meet Kenny and Mrs Kenny. The fashions of the day went a bit strange with one brewer exposing his midriff to keep cool :blink: .

Some very dodgy phone camera piccys....

Kenny caramalising some wort.
Kenny_the_chef.jpg Look out Sqyre, you are not the only brewer with an eager brewing partner,Sarah_the_Brewhand.jpg
good on ya Sarah !
The den of iniquity
The_Brew_Shed.jpg Happy_Rob.jpg
One happy brewer after an ardous battle with a stuck sparge.
Again, thanks everyone for a great afternoon !
Cheers
Doug

Yep - ditto from me; thanks Sarah and Rob for another great day.

The only slightly disappointing aspect of the day was the late piking of a couple of the stalwarts - you know who you are !

... and well done to Simba for the 'build and brewday' - that's a first and was quite an effort ! But it proves how easy it is to set up an AG system.

Great beer, great company and a great day.
Just for the record I did'nt fall over I was pushed.

LOL Vlad!

Thanks a heap Mr and Mrs Randy :icon_cheers: Top food, beer and what a great house. Also great to meet Mr and Mrs Kenny plus a few others I haven't met before. Vlad and Brendanos had their magic eskies going again pulling out a about 150 different beers from each and Rob pulled out a few pearlers as well though I can't see myself buying a case of Deus any time soon :unsure:

Well done on the BIAP (Brew in a Pan) Kenny - never seen that before!

Thanks again Rob and Sarah - when's the next one?

Spot ya,
Pat

Hey RR and Sarah
Thanks very much for an enjoyable afternoon, sorry I couldn't stay I thought the worst was over after the stuck sparge little did I know that it was only the begining :ph34r: Thank god the mash tun didn't fall apart.
Lets hope the beer turns out well, especially Simba's aptly named inaugural brew!!!!!!!

Wish I could of made it guys - Gastro sucks!

Back