Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I still have the box they arrived in and it clearly states Perlick Stainless Faucet-Flow Control

I was under the impression that meant stainless steel but perhaps not.

Thanks for clarifying; I was under the impression that they were 'Chrome Plated' mainly due to the price.

Seems like there are 2 versions. Craftbrewer has the SS version in stock.
Looking at the price difference between the morebeer and farmhouse ones, must be 2 versions.

Is there a way by inspecting the tap to tell what you have s/s or chrome?

Grab a file Kev and file a big hunk into your tap. I'm interested as well, but really don't give a f&ck as the taps rock.

Batz

DSCF2517.JPG

Could be just Morebeers sticker

I wish this post came out 2 months earlier. i bought 3 perlick 525ss and 1 575ss about, but really wanted flow control.

now i'm considering swapping them. Will see how i go with these and reconsider in a few months.

Batz,
I would say yours are not Stainless Steel. The PC in the name denotes Polished Chrome/Brass Body.
Can't tell what Ross is selling without a model number.

More info Here

As you say though, does it really matter at the price?

Tap some SS with a coin and some chrome house faucets and the perliks. If you threw the boxes away that might be indicative. Could also try a magnet, some of the SS grades are magnetic, haven't seen any chrome so far that is. The spindle inside the two might be though.

QldKev,
Have a close look up the spout, the chrome will not plate all the way up without an elaborate anode, if you see a colour change from the chrome, to a yellow colour these will be chromed and nickeled brass. S/S will be the same colour.

Regards Tony

Yes I think your correct and my first two lots of taps were not stainless either but I loved them. I bought Ventmatics and apart from the forward seating they are all were the same. These taps are the best I've ever had and I've used a few the last 12 years.

Batz

ok here's a possibly stupid and definitely lazy question...

anyone know what the part # is for a shank that will adapt these taps to an Andale Snaplock Font?

would i get from Andale?

cheers.

ok here's a possibly stupid and definitely lazy question...

anyone know what the part # is for a shank that will adapt these taps to an Andale Snaplock Font?

would i get from Andale?

cheers.

I bought this from Ross to use with my 6 Perlicks. Or if you don't want the fatlock adaptor use this.

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

I'm so close to replace my 525SS's with these it's not funny.
Would be great to get rid of the coils of line in the keg freezer while being quicker and easier to balance.

One thing I'm not sure about is why people are so against chrome plated? I've only had the 525's so I've got no experience with any other taps.

I gather it's the fact it's underlying brass underneath, but I'm assuming Perlick would do a bloody good job of chroming these taps looking at their other handy work.
Do they 'wear out' sooner?

So, should I just buy and forget?

YES THEY DO COME IN STAINLESS STEEL according to Perlick. if you get the 307 series.
See attachment, post#22, page 2.

Latest posts

Back