Perlick Flow Control Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some 525's on their way from the US at the moment. I recall when I was researching that I read that people who had flow control taps found them quite fiddly to setup and maintain. Would be interesting to hear if anyone does get some of these what their experience is.

I've got some 525's on their way from the US at the moment. I recall when I was researching that I read that people who had flow control taps found them quite fiddly to setup and maintain. Would be interesting to hear if anyone does get some of these what their experience is.

i have a cheap one on my kegerator that it came with so i know no better.
but i really like the way i can adjust it on the fly.

if gas a little low open it a bit more
if gas a little high close it a bit.
need a little bit more head, open it bit more etc

i also like the short beer line, i am considering a Keezer and would prefer the short lines if multi-tapped

but i got NFI really

Sooo. I think I just cost people a lot of money with that find. I can't wait to go to America next year going to be so broke after shopping.

Sooo. I think I just cost people a lot of money with that find. I can't wait to go to America next year going to be so broke after shopping.

Yeah you'll probably be bringing me 2 taps now.
We haven't even installed my cheap one yet and I already wanna replace it :p

Yeah you'll probably be bringing me 2 taps now.
We haven't even installed my cheap one yet and I already wanna replace it :p
Had a funny feeling that might happen now that your tank is being bought for you. :icon_cheers:

I have Cellis and have no problem with the flow control. Not fiddly at all.
However, after outlaying near $1200 for 5 taps, maybe I should have waited a couple of months. All good in hind sight though and I am still happy with my taps anyway :icon_cheers:

Nice find.

has anyone found the shanks for sale? part number 43542 (SS) also i couldn't see the flow control taps on farmhouse either.. maybe sold out?

It's just the fact that after the tap is shut gravity will allow the beer downstream from the seal to exit the tap right?

My taps say "Lancer" on them. I think they're the same as these ones (top two fonts)
beer-barfitout-fatboy.jpg

Similar to Andale Floryte

the taps in the top pic (DA style tap) and the Andale Floryte are forward sealing (bottom pic isn't), The advantage with the Perlick even when you add a shank is that they are almost half the cost of the Andale & Lancer taps. The Florytes are Aussie made so cost isn't helped by Australia's higher wages and living costs (compared to the US).

Xmas pressy from Banjo, bless his little brindle socks. :beerbang: :icon_chickcheers:

DSCF2500__2_.JPG

Batz

Oh and for you who don't know Banjo, here he is after a big Xmas Day

banjo_002.JPG

Geez, that Banjo is a gem!

You are one lucky man there Batz! :super:

I would do Banjo 'Human' style as a special thanks :ph34r: .... each to their own, you can't judge me.. :ph34r:

Seriously though, what a farking setup! :icon_drool2:

You are one lucky man there Batz! :super:

I would do Banjo 'Human' style as a special thanks :ph34r: .... each to their own, you can't judge me.. :ph34r:

Seriously though, what a farking setup! :icon_drool2:

DSCF2507.JPG

DSCF2508.JPG

Some difference hey? That's an over carbed party keg.

each to their own, you can't judge me

And I would not.

Batz

How much are they charging for shipping on these?

I just signed up to morebeer and shipping is going to be just under $50 for 4 taps and a regulator. Anyone in Melbourne want to split to split some shipping? Postage doesn't go up much on the estimator when taps are added.
Also can someone give me some links to the other parts I will require to hook these up to a custom 3" tube font?

Latest posts

Back