Pencil Drawing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a long hiatus with very little action, I have recently got back into my practice and am drawing regularly with a view to having an exhibition some time in the next 12 months (or at least getting one locked in). Finally finished the seahorses and got a decent image of the spider sloughs from above.

Got a few others finished and some others on the go too.

Manticle, fantastic drawing mate, have you ever thought to try your hand at scrimshaw? My brother does knife handles and old sailing ships on whales teeth and that sort of thing. Your attention to detail and shading are exceptional.

Love your work...truly an art i'll never posess and i always admire people who has the skills and use them.

Absolutely amazing attention to detail.

browndog said:
Manticle, fantastic drawing mate, have you ever thought to try your hand at scrimshaw? My brother does knife handles and old sailing ships on whales teeth and that sort of thing. Your attention to detail and shading are exceptional.
Haven't really but I have made sculptures from bones so an interpretation of that idea might be worthwhile considering. Have been wanting to do some more 3d stuff for a while but have only just got back into the 2d stuff with regularity.

Cheers for the idea and cheers others for kind words.

Man with beautiful hands. That was a treat to my currently one working eye. Love your work.

Got accepted as a finalist in this year's Waterhouse Natural Science Art prize at SA museum. Opens July 19.

No expectation of winning - just very happy to be included in the show (good show if venue and last year's entries are anything to go by).

Finally got back into my rhythm and drawing 4-5 days most weeks (even if it's just rubbing out mistakes from the night before, the regular engagement and discipline is important). Aiming for a solo show some time maybe mid 2014 so will advertise details here if people are interested.

Congratulations on the achievement Manticle. Good luck in the finals.

As others have said: awesome looking drawings. A great talent.

Brilliant work there Manticle, thanks for posting it up. I've got relos in SA who'd be keen to get along to the SA Museum exhibition. Be sure to flick the details up so we can spread the word.
Your thread is just another reason I like using this forum - there's a whole bundle of talent in areas outside brewing amongst the membership.
Good luck with staying in the rhythm and getting enough of your work that you're happy with for a solo show.

I'm heading over tomorrow for the media launch but won't make it to the opening as tickets are exorbitantly priced (gala opening, not exhibition entry itself)

Nice work, drawing is another thing I'm shit at. Wish I had half the talent you've got for it.

As an exhibitor you should get into the opening for free.

That's awesome, best of luck and if you win (I assume they award the prize to someone?) and have to give an acceptance speech, I hope you'll thank the beer gods.

If you win any of the prizes you get a freebie. Will thank the beer gods for sure if that happens.

Great looking show.
My drawing got a commendation from the judges which means it will be included in the smaller touring leg of the show in September along with about 1/3 of the other artists (winners and commended works).
Very pleased, motivation to continue if I needed any. Really good standard of work in the show so go have a look if you are in SA or in Canberra later in the year.

They are feckin mad if they think this was the best 'works on paper"! :huh:

Enoki.jpg

Latest posts

Back