peas_and_corn Brewing Across the Seven Kingdoms

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B0-UC2SCcAALOJN_zps63d1baea.jpg

Beers made so far, L->R: Reaching for the Berries (Cream ale through randall filled with berries), Dorne's Cream Ale, Reaver's Ale, The North's Smoked Porter. the berry beer is nice for something different and refreshing, which is what I was going for. The cream ale [Flanders] tastes like I'm drinking nothing at all... nothing at all... nothing at all... [/Flanders] which seems to be pretty much to style. The Reaver's ale is all right, but not the best pale ale I've made. The porter has grown on me- the smoke is subtle but there, and it has a healthy amount of body but not overly thick. Top right is my index finger, I'm not going to take another photo.

OK, so next week I'll be making the next batch, this one dedicated to the kingdom of Mountains and the Vale, which I'll call... ahem... Vale Ale. I decided to make it a wheat beer, but while putting the recipe together I thought I'd make it a bit darker with some choc wheat to make it a little more interesting than a standard wheat beer (I've made a heap of them before, and I am doing this to expand my horizons a little). Recipe!

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
5.00 kg Pale Malt (Weyermann) (6.5 EBC) Grain 1 42.7 %
5.00 kg Pale Wheat (Dingemans) (3.2 EBC) Grain 2 42.7 %
1.00 kg Corn - Yellow, Flaked (Briess) (2.6 EBC) Grain 3 8.5 %
0.70 kg Chocolate Wheat (Weyermann) (817.5 EBC) Grain 4 6.0 %
20.00 g Galaxy [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 14.1 IBUs
1.0 pkg German Wheat (Wyeast Labs #3333) [124.21 Yeast 6 -

I've only got 3 kingdoms to go! After this one will be (as suggested by Fletcher) Pride of Kingswood and something for the Westerlands.

I thought about this thread when I saw a game of thrones tap handle on the US eBay. It was about $120 though so a bit pricey.

Tahoose said:
I thought about this thread when I saw a game of thrones tap handle on the US eBay. It was about $120 though so a bit pricey.
Well this varies from $30 to $130 depending on the listing, is it this one? Nice looking handle

m.ebay.com/itm/191387360930?nav=SEARCH

OK, it's been a while since my last batch (a combination of being busy and drinking less as of late), but it's time to knock off the last two batches of this series this month. The recipe this weekend is Westerlands Golden IPA

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
10.00 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EB Grain 1 68.9 %
2.05 kg Wheat Malt, Ger (3.9 EBC) Grain 2 14.1 %
1.87 kg Munich Malt (17.7 EBC) Grain 3 12.9 %
0.59 kg Caramunich Malt (110.3 EBC) Grain 4 4.1 %
0.54 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 5 -
90.00 g Citra [14.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 6 21.0 IBUs
90.00 g Mosaic (HBC 369) [12.25 %] - Boil 10.0 m Hop 7 18.4 IBUs
2.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) Yeast 9 -
90.00 g Citra [12.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
90.00 g Mosaic (HBC 369) [12.25 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Hop 11 0.0 IBUs

Basically I came up with this recipe when I realised that I haven't brewed with mosaic before, so I decided "what the hell", and put it together with citra to make an interesting IPA. I've also recently been making a lot of middle of the road beers- stuff that's quaffable but not overly exciting (by design, it's just what I've been seeking recently) so I thought I'd change things up a bit. I just finished a golden ale (which I called Meme Ale for reasons) so using that as a base but changing about 2/3 of the recipe I got this.

Back