Pbw Replacement For Stainless Cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 people get 1.5kg each (that way you can use an old napisan container, I think they're 1.5KG)

200g leftover for spillage or whatever.

$17.20 each

Sounds good to me ;-)

Count me in for at least 3kg, possibly more.

Florian

I've seen these big pales sitting on the floor at CBs. I reckon a bulk it and split is an excellent idea. 3kg at a time would be good. I'm in.

Yeah I'd go 3kg come to think of it. At that price I'd use PBW instead of Napisan on everything except fermenters.

If shipping to Melbourne doesn't make it unviable (or G&G can offer a similar price), I reckon we could gather the numbers pretty easily Manticle. I'd take 5kg without hesitation (seem to be chewing through it lately).

id be in for at least 3kg if it gets off the ground.

I bet most of the other ingredients are for storage and keeping the power from clumping etc. Still the bulk price is much more attractive than the packaged stuff.

Competition is a wonderful thing hey? I'm going to have a crack at making it for under $3.00 a kilo all the same, I still have some PBW so I can do a side by side comparison.

Batz

I bet most of the other ingredients are for storage and keeping the power from clumping etc. Still the bulk price is much more attractive than the packaged stuff.

Competition is a wonderful thing hey? I'm going to have a crack at making it for under $3.00 a kilo all the same, I still have some PBW so I can do a side by side comparison.

Batz

I'm sure the knock off will at the least be cheaper and much better than home brand napisan. I'd be up for some of this knock off as well for cleaning fermenters and stuff like that.

15 people get 1.5kg each (that way you can use an old napisan container, I think they're 1.5KG)

200g leftover for spillage or whatever.

$17.20 each

Sounds good to me ;-)

That would seem to be false economy IF CraftBrewer will sell a kilo for $10.
For another $2.80 you could get 2kg & 3Kg for $30 instead of $34.40 if a bulk buy was to happen.
Have contacted CraftBrewer to find out what's what.

TP

That would seem to be false economy IF CraftBrewer will sell a kilo for $10.
For another $2.80 you could get 2kg & 3Kg for $30 instead of $34.40 if a bulk buy was to happen.
Have contacted CraftBrewer to find out what's what.

TP

Ross posted his real bulk prices above. $10/kg was just an estimate. The figures I have said above are the real ones so there's no false economy about it.

Just for interests sake on the craft brewer website buying in the standard packaging the pricing is...

0.45kg - $14.90
1.8kg - $49

Ross posted his real bulk prices above. $10/kg was just an estimate. The figures I have said above are the real ones so there's no false economy about it.

Just for interests sake on the craft brewer website buying in the standard packaging the pricing is...

0.45kg - $14.90
1.8kg - $49

I'm interested in a bulk buy too :)

Don't have a nappy san container :-\

About to finish some pure Sod Metasilicate, so considering trying PBW.

At nearly 3x the value of the .45KG, I think I'd want in on a 1.5KG :)

Anyone got a spare nappy san container they don't want ;)

0.45kg - $14.90
1.8kg - $49

Not saying the BB would be false economy (note the "IF" in larger text) & quite happy to put my name down for 3Kg of PBW if CraftBrewer's reply to my enquiry does not turn out as hoped & the BB goes ahead.

TP

I'm interested in a bulk buy too :)

Don't have a nappy san container :-\

About to finish some pure Sod Metasilicate, so considering trying PBW.

At nearly 3x the value of the .45KG, I think I'd want in on a 1.5KG :)

Anyone got a spare nappy san container they don't want ;)

Well no ones really put their hand up for the bulk buy and having a napisan container wouldn't be a pre-requisite anyway! Just thought it'd be a decent quantity because most people will probably have an empty napisan container I reckon...

Well really if you can score 3kgs for $30.00....no hidden extras it's possibly not worth making your own.

Yep I'll go 3 kg as well :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

Ditto here, stocks are getting low.

Latest posts

Back