Party Keg Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about just buying the bike pump one for the Schraeder valves and then you make up a connector for use on a QD.

One way you could do this is to get one of the rubber valves (now THOSE you should be able to get for free!) and cut the rubber off it, then you're left with just a threaded Schraeder valve. Use a couple of centimetres of gas line and a few clamps to connect the butchered Schraeder valve to a QD valve.

Sigh all these places for $4, $5.

I went down to tyre power today on blaxland road and sure enough finally found a place that had one. Although $10 later I had the chrome plated valve. I know its more than everywhere else but the amount of driving around I've had to do it was getting to the point where this one part is costing me close to $25.

So I have it. Just waiting for the weekend now for a beer and sit down with my machinest mate to design and knock up the top plug. The top will have the QD taylor post on top so if I want to get the keg charger from brewcraft I can use that on the post to gas up or whatever (of course with the inheirent dangers of unregulated gas).

One question. The keg chargers that the sponsers have are the standard genuine innovations models with a beverage valve connection to allow us all to get next to the QD posts. Does anyone know where in Australia the genuine innovations products are stocked? I can get the bike style ones from bike stores but I'm specifically after the interchangeable valve connectors. That way I can have a charger able to connect to the QD and Schrader valve.

Cheers, Tae.

Tae , the dude at tyre power tried that trick with me also " 10bucks" he said I told him the sign said $5......he quickly changed his story to " we charge $10 includes fitting , sorry $5 "
Anyway you have it now thats what matters , you can charge ahead now.

Lagers

Tredog

If you luck out at the local tyre places - I've got a few spare valves hanging around at home. I work out of Liverpool - on Newbridge road - just before you go over the bridge, (heading west). I could leave one at our front gate for pick up if you are passing ???

Tredog

If you luck out at the local tyre places - I've got a few spare valves hanging around at home. I work out of Liverpool - on Newbridge road - just before you go over the bridge, (heading west). I could leave one at our front gate for pick up if you are passing ???

LOL that would have been perfect. I work at UWS Milperra Campus, I am literally just down the road. Oh well not to worry. I might actually look at another valve for making an adapter for the tyre charger style affair so I might take you up on the offer for a couple of beers sometime in the near furture.

Back