Party Keg Bar For Under $10.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
G'day guys,

Just thought I would post up what I have been knocking up over the last 2 hours.

Have a mates party coming up tomorrow and need something to house my beer keg and tap etc so thought I would knock up a quick bar.

2 mayo buckets @ $4 each, a couple of peices of timber...$0 care of some wine boxes at work.

A bit of drilling, cutting and gluing the two buckets together = mini party bar.

1.jpg 2.jpg

I dont think you win any prize on the new inventors but looks like it will keep the crowd lubed. Make a strap system and have it on your back, you are sure to have lots of friends, not that you are going to see their faces.
Good work all the same.
GB

Ahhh very nice, looks almost classy with a coat of paint... almost!

Cheers SJ

It'll look better with a full glass. You have got HB yes ?

Batz

That is sweet... To the ahb crowd it looks good... To the average punter... They'll wet themselves at the site of that... Great work mate

Well the mini bar got its virgin run last night and I must say it was deffinatley a crowd pleaser!!

So after using it for the first time i have come up with the following pro's and con's.

Pro's

- Cheap...two mayo buckets, some paint, glue and some timber...cost me about $10 total, so looks like I blew the budget :blink: ...the expensive bits are obliviously the taps etc but these are needed in any setup and I already had these.

-Effective - beer was poured and consumed cold and the "bar" worked as was intended

- quick to build

- light to transport yet holds an 18ltr keg easily and enough ice to keep the baby cold all night.

Con's

- The Glue between the two mayo buckets gave way on one part...this would be fixed either with decent glue..not $1 glue from the warehouse, or as I might do pop rivet a "brace" around the inside join to hold it together

- Some paint came off...cheap shitty can of spray paint...easily fixed with another coat...I dont think it like the wet :(

- It ran out of beer :angry:

Here she is in all her glory.

6.jpg

So all in all it worked perfectly and will deffinatly be kept in the shed for parties in the future...its just too simple and effective to through away!!!

Cheers, Pok

P.S Yes I realise the beer is cloudy and poured like shit in this photo.

Back