Partial Lager Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yard glass

Reaction score
gday all,

i'm finally, (after a couple of stalled attempts), going to have a go at my first partial.

i came up with a couple here,

http:www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2342hl=lager%20recipe

now, not to say that these arn't perfectly good recipes, (like i would know :unsure: ), just looking for a few more that i can compare against.

thanks
yard

There's a good partial recipe for bitburger at byo.com. It' a german style lager / pils.

matt

A good starting point for your partial mashing:

2 kg pilsner malt mashed with 6 litres water
1.5 kg tin Morgans lager malt
0.5 kg DME or LME

Mash for 90 mins at 66-67 degrees

Hopped to 25 IBU with Perle hops

15 gms Saaz 10 from end of boil
15 gms Saaz 1 minute from end of boil

yeast saflager

If you haven't disvovered it, Cubbie did a great job of putting all the partial mashing links that he could find and then summarizing them in a topic. Do a search on partial and his name.

The alpha acid rating of your bitter hops will have a big bearing on quanities used. Before finalising your recipe, post it so it can be checked. Let us know your expected final volume into the fermenter, alpha acid rating of the hops and boiler size.

POL,

thanks for the link, everything i need is there.

I will post my recipe once i finalise everything.

thanks again, and cheers to cubbie for all his previous hard work. :beer:

yard

pint of lager said:
A good starting point for your partial mashing:

2 kg pilsner malt mashed with 6 litres water
1.5 kg tin Morgans lager malt
0.5 kg DME or LME

Mash for 90 mins at 66-67 degrees

Hopped to 25 IBU with Perle hops

15 gms Saaz 10 from end of boil
15 gms Saaz 1 minute from end of boil

yeast saflager

If you haven't disvovered it, Cubbie did a great job of putting all the partial mashing links that he could find and then summarizing them in a topic. Do a search on partial and his name.

The alpha acid rating of your bitter hops will have a big bearing on quanities used. Before finalising your recipe, post it so it can be checked. Let us know your expected final volume into the fermenter, alpha acid rating of the hops and boiler size.
[post="96607"][/post]​

I agree with this, but my personal preference would be to sub around 300g of the DME for sugar. In my experience extract just does not attenuate well and a little sugar helps counter this.

dex is fine and dandy

don't trust my opinion though, brew it for yourself and see what you think.

i'm gagging to give this a go, had a little play with steeping some grain and additions of various other adjuncts and i was stoked with the results.

stands to reason that if this Partial thing is done correctly it can only be good. :chug:

hope to be AG within 6 mth.

cheers
yard

Hi Guys
I must have shite in the eyes, cant find that post that U mentioned from Cubbie re partial links.

" Cubbie did a great job of putting all the partial mashing links that he could find and then summarizing them in a topic. Do a search on partial and his name."

Can U assist an old blind man pls.. :blink:
regards
Spud

Spud said:
Hi Guys
I must have shite in the eyes, cant find that post that U mentioned from Cubbie re partial links.

Can U assist an old blind man pls.. :blink:
regards
Spud
[post="96806"][/post]​

gday spud,

here it is.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&hl=cubbie&st=0

posts #11, #12, #13, and #19 are informative.

is this your first crack at a Partial as well ?

let us know how you go and we'll compare notes. :party:

cheers
yardy

i do a tin of muntins premium pilsener,1.8 kg JW pils,200 grams carapils
just a little hallertau into secondary and saflager 34/70

Latest posts

Back