Pallisade Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westoz

Reaction score
Whats the heads up on Pallisade hops .What style brew would they suit and /or work with other hop types. Got a Coopers can, steeping grains and some liquid and dry malts in stock.
Cheers.

5% Avg. Alpha. Palisade hops are grown in the Yakima Valley of the Pacific Northwest by a family farm with generations of hop growing experience. The Palisades variety was bred from Swiss Tettnanger hops, and have a character similar to Willamette or Fuggles. They exhibit a refined and subtle flavor with an earthy herbal aroma that could also be described as grassy. A slight spicy character with hints of citrus or apricot makes some describe this hop as pretty. As mellow rather than overpowering hop the Palisades are a great hop for beers that strike a good balance between malt and hops and have a smooth drinkable character. http://www.breworganic.com/index.asp?PageA...mp;Category=394

Recommended substitute for Tettnanger, Willamette, Fuggle, Styrian Golding. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/hops.php

I just drained a keg of APA with just palisade and cascade.
It was very similar to williamette to me just as the CB description said.
I used the palisade as bittering, cascade for flavour and a mix of the two for aroma.
I might try the leftovers I have as a fuggles substitute and see what it's like.

Cheers Thylacine,Beersatan.Have Cascade on hand also might go down the path of an APA.
Beersatan you say drained the keg must have been ok. notes?
Was thinking this.
1.7 Coopers lager
500g morgans liquid amber
300g dry wheat malt
150g carared
100g carapils
15g Palisade @40min
15g Palisade@20min
15g cascade@5min
US 05 23lt
Sound ok .

i too might have to try this Palisade hop.
i loove cascade hops, so might have to try a mix
:)

I BIAB in a 30L urn and this batch put 21L in my fermenter.
Around 5% ABV with around 39IBU.

Grain
Australian Traditional Ale Malt 4.000 kg
Australian Light Munich 0.500 kg
Australian Crystal 140 0.400 kg
Hops
Variety Alpha Amount IBU Form When
US Palisade 7.3 % 30 g 28.5 Loose Pellet Hops 60 Min From End
US Cascade 4.5 % 30 g 8.7 Loose Pellet Hops 15 Min From End
US Palisade 7.3 % 20 g 0.8 Loose Pellet Hops 1 Min From End
US Cascade 4.5 % 20 g 0.5 Loose Pellet Hops 1 Min From End

US05

Fermented 6 days at 18 C - crash chilled to 4 C for 48 hours then kegged.
Lasted nearly 6 days between me and the handbrake.

Your grain bill looks good.
I'm not sure whether you do a full boil or hop tea but I would probably swap the last two around.
15g Palisade @40min
15g Cascade @20min
15g Palisade @5min
I still got enough of its flavour from the late addition but either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Go for it!

Bump this topic along ,i can recommend using this hop the beer i made above was a bueaty.

Need a quick keg filler going to chuck a wheaty down with abit of palisade dropped in early.

Latest posts

Back