Paint Ball C02 Tanks Why Not?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taderz80

Reaction score
Hi every one
I have been thinking about this one for a while I have a 6kg co2 tank which is great except when it needs to leave the house, I have a keg charger which is also handy but it does generally mean that I am stuck near the keg all night at a party (not a bad place to be I know) I have done a fair bit of searching around and can not find any posts on using paint ball tanks which seem to be cheap and a good size. I know the fittings are different but can they be changed or can a adaptor be used? Is there any reason not to use paintball tanks for a party setup?
any knowledge greatley appreciated.
taderz

Bloke I use one with no real issues. I purchased it and the filling station from the US knowing that I had to mod the station to make it fit my spare tank but I had the bits so no issue for me. This thread/ post gives some good info as well.
Cheers
Doug

you can get the adapter for using it with a keg setup here:

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/pr...r-Coupling.html

thanks
Bjorn

I'd suggest that that adapter would be for a reg with US size thread (which is the same thread as a paintball cylinder - what this adapter does is depresses the valve on the cylinder which a reg doesn't do). A soda stream adapter works the same and is what I use. Can be found from the site sponsors or ebay etc.

I use a few paintball cylinders for away games and a 6kg cylinder for home matches.

I use a paintball cylinder as my normal method of carbonating and dispensing.

it get about 4 kegs worth out of one. which for me lasts about 4 months.
As far as I know I just have a sodastream adapter to connect to my reg, and at $15 swap and go at my LHBS, it has done me fine for quite some time now.

Josh

A couple of the guys in our club use the Ozito Co2 Tanks that you can get at any bunnings...they seem small and easy to use...i think you still need and adapter to use them with your regulator...which you can buy of evilbay...
Cheers
Ferg

Latest posts

Back