• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ozito Co2 Cylinders At Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
At my local Bunnings I saw they sel Co2 cylinder. They are Ozito brand - apparantley for use with some Ozito power tool system.

The cylinders are 540g andn the initial cost is $75. Exchange price for a subsequent cylinder is only $15.

I could tell what sort of thread they were becuase it has a shrink wrap seal on the end.

here is a link to the Ozito site for the product info - whixh has a sepcification sheet with more details.

http://www.ozito.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid=OZCO2FCA

My question is...

Could this be used for kegging and is it a good/reasonable price?

I have my eye on a nice little bar fridge that was previoulsy used for a kegerator on Ebay. I am now looking at the cheapest way to get the keg and co2 set up to go with it.

These cylinders look like they would be a nice comact size that would take up too much room.

[cut]

My question is...

Could this be used for kegging and is it a good/reasonable price?

[cut]

Could this be used for kegging - yes
is it a good/reasonable price? - no, this is about 3 times the price I pay (per gram) for refills of CO2 from the local homebrew store.

Get a bottle from a decent homebrew store and save money long term. Also have a search on here it has been raised a few times before. Also either way you still need a CO2 regulator and lines and connections.

QldKev

540 grams is also pretty small. its a pain in the arse when you run out of co2.
and yes $15 for 540g is a rip i think i pay a bit over $20 for 2.6kg.

On the other hand it could be considered worth while to have one on hand in case you want to take a keg to a friends BBQ and not have to drag a 22kg bottle along with you.

Guys.

This is probably not food grade Co2 either. May not be a major concern but i just don't like the thought of using "industrial" co2 rather then "food grade".

Industrial is usually cheaper as well so that makes it even more of a rip.

Guys.

This is probably not food grade Co2 either. May not be a major concern but i just don't like the thought of using "industrial" co2 rather then "food grade".

Industrial is usually cheaper as well so that makes it even more of a rip.

there is a lot of threads on here about food grade CO2. it is all the same...

QldKev

Your right they are the same the only difference is the actual cylinder's cleanliness (they come from the same original tank).

Having worked for a well known supplier on the refrigeration side of the business take this as "insider" knowledge. Just a gimic but they do say it comes down to the water content in the gas. Wouldn't affect what we are using it for but in other instances it would.

I think Afro looked into the Ozito gear ages ago? Search for his threads.

Back