Ozito

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if that Ozito reg would fit on a sodastream bottle, or would work with the sodastream adaptor?

Cheers - Snow

It has the same thread as a soda stream bottle but the ozito/paintball valves have a little bit more thread than the soda stream ones. Also the paintball tanks seal around the edge of the valve where as the soda stream seal on the top of the valve. So you need to make sure that the paintball valve has no dents or gouges on the top surface of the valve so it will seal with the soda stream adaptor.

It has the same thread as a soda stream bottle but the ozito/paintball valves have a little bit more thread than the soda stream ones. Also the paintball tanks seal around the edge of the valve where as the soda stream seal on the top of the valve. So you need to make sure that the paintball valve has no dents or gouges on the top surface of the valve so it will seal with the soda stream adaptor.
Sorry I don't quite get it. If the reg has the same thread as a sodastream bottle, then why would I need an adaptor? I don't want the tank, just the reg - so from what you're saying, I should be able to screw the Ozito reg straight onto my sodastream bottle?

Cheers - Snow

oh only need to worry about the adaptor if you have already bought it and have it hooked up to a normal regulator etc. as the threads are the same, soda stream should connect to teh ozito reg with out too much hassle.

i think >>

Sorry I don't quite get it. If the reg has the same thread as a sodastream bottle, then why would I need an adaptor? I don't want the tank, just the reg - so from what you're saying, I should be able to screw the Ozito reg straight onto my sodastream bottle?

Cheers - Snow

No I don't think it will work that way around. You might have to put an oring in the ozito reg because the reg will rely on the valve sealing around the outside where as the sodastream seals on the top.

Here is a paintball/ozito valve, notice how the o-ring is around the edge.

Pin01.jpg

Here is a sodastream valve, notice there is no oring around the valve but it has abit more thread,

Image991.jpg

So if you try to screw a sodastream bottle in that reg it will leak unless you put a seal in it some how. An o-ring should do the job, but these swell with co2 when they are connected which is why the co2 regs use a polyurethane seal not rubber, they do however go back to their original shape after a few days.

This is why I use a sodastream adaptor on my micromatic reg to use a paintball cylinder.

Hope this clears it up for you snow.

Farside

thats why we love yah farside got the right info ;P

Thanks Far-side - great info.

- Snow

they are hard to find at the moment because of the recall. getting the stock they are a bit slow

What are they designed for? connecting to a welder?

I cant really walk into bunnings asking for a cylinder to adapt to my beer keg setup

Paul

no welders use a (noble gas) such as argon etc. these co2 cylinders are for portable compressed air tools. when a compressor isnt an option. also good for inflating things etc. thats why the regulator that you buy for it has the same generic air hose connector on it.

What are they designed for? connecting to a welder?

I cant really walk into bunnings asking for a cylinder to adapt to my beer keg setup

Paul

No, they are designed for use with a nail gun and be totaly portable. No need for a compressor. Just hang the reg and cylinder off your tool belt and away you go. Apparently you can get about 500 shots per cylinder.

Yes you can walk in and just buy the cylinder but a paintball cylinder is a bit cheaper.

but air tools such as the air grinder, or die grinder will chew through the cylinder in under and hour easily cause they are very inefficient

Why not? Those back-packers need some comic relief during their day at work, just like you!

Ozito, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Give money to P Brock magnet foundation!

Ozito, "Good old aussie" brand!

Come on guys, lets get serious about this!

After having a chat with the guys at Diemen last year I got some sample bottles in same as the Ozito bottle but with this type of thread on/off valve and fits straight onto a standard regulator.
View attachment 26789
Now there is a whole range of sizes all with standard reg threads and valves, Mykegonlegs is distributing them or you can get them direct from Diemen
View attachment 26790
They have been fully checked out and are legal, should be available to buy or refillable at any Mykegonlegs stockist.

MHB

Yeah MHB,

If those were out before I got my other cylinders I would have just bought the one with the on/off valve.

I am trying to get some of the new valves, should be just a screw in replacement, I have a couple of Ozito bottles that could use an upgrade.

MHB

Just picked up one of these for $15 at Bunnings Underwood :D Used the same method when buying my sodastream bottles... take it to the counter with the youngest, most disinterested young lady and they swipe it through as a refill/swap.

The thread is a bit shorter than the SS but screws onto the adaptor fine.

When i was reasearching C02, i was told i would need 'food grade' gas.... i dont think the bunnings stuff would be food grade....

no idea if this is even important though.

i used to work at repco, and they sell similar bottles for welding, with C02, for aboiut $30-$40

well better than having some random junky blowing on hose at the end of your keg and or a bicycle pump. heh heh

Latest posts

Back