Ozito

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden

Reaction score
i had my recent trip to bunnings when i came across this
OZCO2FCAimg_spec.jpg
http://www.ozito.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid=OZCO2FCA

it retails for about $73. and that buys the cylinder outright including gas. there is a swap system in place or you can refill them, so im told there is also a mini regulator that can be bought with it
OZCO2RKAimg_spec.jpg
http://www.ozito.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid=OZCO2RKA
thinking maybe use these instead of the soda stream? or for people just getting into kegging if they dont want to -rent- a cylinder like me.

Not a bad score Half-fix

Weight of empty cylinder 815g
Weight of full cylinder 1355g

That's about the same as the kegerator one I was given I think. $10 a refill @ Beerwah HBS.

I'd check the capacity of the bottle.

InCider.

Looks very similar to a paintball style one that I use....

Nice find.

I'm still looking for a replacement for my sodastream system..

That means its about 540gm of co2/fill?

Might have to ring my local bunnings and get the dirt!

capacity is about 500gm at the least. might give it go next week. just gotta get some pinlock disconnects

think they are the same tank. different thread fitting, but looks like a possibility. i liked the ozito on cause you can get a pressure regulator and gauge with it for an extra $10 or so.

They have them at Dural Bunnings (not my closest but not too bad) for $75. Swap is $15.95 and yes, they contain 540gms of co2, about 2 sodastream tanks.

hmm.. if only Thornleigh Bunnings had them :(

i should call my local bunnings as well see i the have 'em

From memory not all Bunnings carry these, so probably worth ringing around before jumping in the car.

Cheers SJ

Ozito, AFAIK is a 'house' brand at Bunnings, I have an Ozito electric lawnmower and an Ozito whippersnipper which are top quality (not to mention only $100 for the mower :) ) Although I'm not kegging I wouldn't mind getting the set for doing CO2 flushes of cubes, fermenters after racking or lids off after Polyclaring, etc etc, should last yonks with those sorts of applications.

Edit: thanks for the heads up.

If you have the means to refill then these paintball tanks of the same capacity are only $39 (no CO2 included)

Yep, that would be about the same that I use.
attaches to a soda stream adapter,

not too cost effective if you are force carbing,
but i am priming kegs with sugar and using the gas to dispense

I was told I would get approx 6 kegs dispensed, to early to tell if that is correct though.

seeing the LHBS offers swap and go for 15 dollars, it is a good solution for me.

Yeah Ozito is a Bunnings brand.. cant get their products anywhere else.

yeah i found out why they are hard to find. they had a big recall (unsure why) and only have re released them in certain stores it'll take a while before they are available at them all.

Yep, that would be about the same that I use.
attaches to a soda stream adapter,

not too cost effective if you are force carbing,
but i am priming kegs with sugar and using the gas to dispense

I was told I would get approx 6 kegs dispensed, to early to tell if that is correct though.

seeing the LHBS offers swap and go for 15 dollars, it is a good solution for me.

Hello Josh,

This sound like a good idea for me. I run a split gas line - one line to my aspirator and 2 beer engines and the other to kegs attached to fonts and standard taps.

i could use the paint ball cylinder for my beer engines and leave the big cylinder to dispense my other keg s.

Could be cheaper to buy the cylinder and a reg instead of using a dual reg to dispense at different pressures.

Where to fill a paint ball cylinder in the Blue Mountains?

Regards

Graeme

This sound like a good idea for me. I run a split gas line - one line to my aspirator and 2 beer engines and the other to kegs attached to fonts and standard taps.

i could use the paint ball cylinder for my beer engines and leave the big cylinder to dispense my other keg s.

Could be cheaper to buy the cylinder and a reg instead of using a dual reg to dispense at different pressures.

Where to fill a paint ball cylinder in the Blue Mountains?

Regards

Graeme

Hi Graeme,
If you already have your system set up like you, say is it really worth the extra money and hassle of finding paint ball gear, buying more regs etc, to achieve the same outcome?

As for where to find a cyclinder, i guess you could buy one off the web, via the link in a previous post (was cheaper than what mine cost)
or i guess you could call some of these people to see if they can help
good luck
Josh

Adventure Quest Paintball Skirmish Pty Ltd
1200 Putty Rd Blaxland's Ridge NSW 2758
ph: (02) 9808 6333

Heartbreak Ridge Paintball
829 Richmond Rd Marsden Park NSW 2765
ph: (02) 9838 3058

Adventure Quest Paintball Skirmish
Windsor NSW 2756
ph: (02) 9808 6333

Aussie Paintball Games & Supplies
762 Springwood Rd Yarramundi NSW 2753
ph: (02) 4776 1700

Fireball Paintball
Hartley Valley Rd Hartley NSW 2790
ph: (02) 6355 2368

Hi all,

As doogie said, that cylinder is the same as a paintball cylinder except that it's and alloy not steel, which means that it will last for 10 years before it need a hydro test instead of 5. The cylinders actually come from these guys, http://www.diemen.com.au/index.php.

The one thing that I found is they are pretty expensive. Someone on the forum bought one of these and had a few problems with gas leaks on the connections. I think the fix was to pull it apart and tape the connections.

I bought a paintball cylinder for $35 from a place in western sydney, http://www.paintballshop.com/Browse.aspx?W...&ID=2013869. Then I got a filling station from a place in Victoria for about $80, and I can refill it from my MKOL cylinder (just have turn it upside down). So what I do now is have my paintball cylinder on my micromatic reg with a soda stream adaptor so if ever I get a leak in the system I don't end up losing the rest of the main cylinder. And when I use up the main cylinder I still have gas in the paintball cylinder to use until I can get a refill or swap for the main one. The other advantage is that I don't have to have a second reg for my party keg, I just grab the reg and paintball tank out of the fridge and away we go.

There is no way I would try to bodgey something up to refill these cylinders. It's not worth the saving of a few dollars if you blow your head off. I did a fair bit of research before I went down this path to try to keep it as safe as possible.

Cheers.
Farside

i had my recent trip to bunnings when i came across this
OZCO2FCAimg_spec.jpg
http://www.ozito.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid=OZCO2FCA

it retails for about $73. and that buys the cylinder outright including gas. there is a swap system in place or you can refill them, so im told there is also a mini regulator that can be bought with it
OZCO2RKAimg_spec.jpg
http://www.ozito.com.au/productinfo.aspx?prodid=OZCO2RKA
thinking maybe use these instead of the soda stream? or for people just getting into kegging if they dont want to -rent- a cylinder like me.
Does anyone know if that Ozito reg would fit on a sodastream bottle, or would work with the sodastream adaptor?

Cheers - Snow

I hope that these are better quality than my Ozito hammer drill.

yeah they identified the leaking problem hence why they recalled them. aparently it has now been fixed.

Back