Outdoor Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a word - yes.
Do a search on burners there is tonnes of info on them and the other options.

used mine for the first time today. word of warning: run it for 15min and clean out all the bubbling flaked paint from the jets before you brew. had to delay my boil while i removed the hot burner from the stand and cleaned it out. good burner though.
joe

Just listed one of these for sale for $40 - but its in ACT - so probably cheaper to buy it new in melbourne... Can highly recommend it for the money - it will leave your kitchen stove for dead - but you need an adjustable or high pressure LPG regulator - don't even consider it without one.

Just listed one of these for sale for $40 - but its in ACT - so probably cheaper to buy it new in melbourne... Can highly recommend it for the money - it will leave your kitchen stove for dead - but you need an adjustable or high pressure LPG regulator - don't even consider it without one.

Cool will do, had a look on Grain n' Grape they've got them for $70. Might aswell pick that up when i get the burner.

Aaron

great out door burner!! i got one about a month ago. very easy to set up and operate! make sure you get the high preasure reg for it tho! only prob was trying to balance a keg on it, i just use the grill for the webber as a base!

Outdoor burner setup

I just bought 2 burners and 1 hi pressure reg. Set up in the above thread.

Have not brewed with them yet but they look like the goods

As mentioned above burn them in and scrape the paint off, should take about 20-30 minutes (got me buggered why they even paint them in the first place).

Kleiny

great out door burner!! i got one about a month ago. very easy to set up and operate! make sure you get the high preasure reg for it tho! only prob was trying to balance a keg on it, i just use the grill for the webber as a base!

I found that when using a vessel identical in shape and size to the Tooheys/XXXX/Coopers 50L kegs (ahem), a few mending plates bolted/welded/ riveted to the side ring for support fit the base exactly. Beats putting an unstable grate on top

The Nasa is a good burner and pumps out plenty of heat but needs to be modified if using 390mm standard kegs as the circular frame can be down right dangerous as it is a tad smaller than the keg. One way is either bolt or weld three heavy duty brackets to frame to stop keg from tipping.

Latest posts

Back