Other Hobbies Of Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1gsaw

Certified Pisswreck
Reaction score
Hi Gang,
:icon_offtopic: subject... What other hobbies do you HB'ers have?
Im a keen Shooter and fishermen, have been doing both since i was 9.
Grew up in the bush near Inglewood Qld.

If it's an off topic subject, it should be in the off topic forum. Check that forum, I'm pretty sure there's another thread that already has this topic covered.

yup both are in there. theres a shooting one and a fishing one.

Adamt past time picking up peoples mistakes... LOL!

Swimming, Fishing(new hobby), cooking....

and knitting and scrapbooking (not)

I don't mind a bit of dwarf tossing and collecting shrunken human heads in pickling jars.

Photography, electronics, IT and a host of other nerdy things that I will keep to myself.

cycling, hiking, camping, brewing, cooking, planning the pizza oven/tandoor, veg garden, drinking beer, finding the most comfortable position on the couch, mastering the PVR

ahh, so little time....

I like helping others out with their hobbies.

I don't mind a bit of dwarf tossing and collecting shrunken human heads in pickling jars.

I'm 4ft flat does that qualify?? :p I quite fancy a trip to SA. ;) Can't help you with the other though.

Cheers,

microbe

Don't mind roasting coffee beans when I'm not working, studying or brewing. Is a bit of a pain in the arse using a Crazy Popper (popcorn maker)... given you can only do 80gm at a time... but the resulting coffee is mind blowingly superb!! If you love your coffee and have a grinder, I highly recommend you give this little hobby a go too. mmmmmmmm..... coffeeeeee :icon_drool2:

You just reminded me Grant, I also enjoy playing the guitar (Washburn D10 dreadnought acoustic) and ukulele (Mahalo UK320P, pineapple shape).

Music Production.
View attachment 25418

Oh and brewing but that is a given yeah? :rolleyes:

Cool, what preamp is that you have there?

You just reminded me Grant, I also enjoy playing the guitar (Washburn D10 dreadnought acoustic) and ukulele (Mahalo UK320P, pineapple shape).

Cole Clark fat ladies are the ONLY acoustic guitars too own :rolleyes: unless you have 10 grand for a marty I spose.

Cool, what preamp is that you have there?

Cole Clark fat ladies are the ONLY acoustic guitars too own :rolleyes: unless you have 10 grand for a marty I spose.

Hey Jayse,

The rack unit is a Behringer Tube composer... Cheap and nasty but does the trick. For pre's I just use the ones on my M-Audio FW1814 interface.

Cole Clark are a nice guitar but have you ever played a Taylor? God, you want forget the day you first strum a Taylor... just awesome.

Fishing (mainly salt water fly), fly tying, cooking and since I quit the smokes last year I've turned into a gym junkie. But that does mean I can drink more beer :icon_cheers:

photography, although thats now my career so does that count as a hobby anymore?

play guitar and drums fumble around with the harmonica, havent given it enough time to get good enough to say a play it yet.

collecting records

fishing/hiking/camping/kayaking etc etc

thats about it

cheers
carty

Does shaving count???

I have recently gone from using an electric razor to old school wetshaving with a brush, creme and a traditional double edged razor....

It's kind of like brewing, patience and attention to detail are required to really make it work.

Back