Orlando Brewpubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
I'm off to Orlando on February 5 for a week and was wondering if anyone has been and tried any of the local brewpubs. Last time I was anywhere near Orlando was driving past on the Turnpike in 1995 with a 6 pack of Budweiser beside me :blink:

I'm staying at Sea World attending a conference so anywhere downtown would be useful.

Cheers.

Thanks barls, I had a look at that, plus the ratebeer site. The Orlando Brewing pub is in town, and is organic, but they don't seem to rate the best on ratebeer.

Did you find anything of note in Orlando?

mate unfortunately i wasnt in orlando i was in ohio

Was just there on a family trip to take the kids to disneyworld. Stopped at seaworld too. Was only on the ground 3 days and everything we did was for the kids so no beer at all (sorry). The people there are fantastic - very friendly - but if you're considering disneyworld at all - don't. Not even our kids liked it.

Ask over on the BJCP forums too. Also try the beer mapping project.

+1 for starting a thread on the ratebeer forums for Orlando brewpub recommendations.

I got a heap of helpful posts from them before my LA/San Diego/Russian River trip last May.

I got a heap of helpful posts from them before my LA/San Diego/Russian River trip last May.

Hey Jez,

Long time. I'm overnighting in LA. Anywhere close by the airport you'd recommend? Preferably not in Inglewood :D

Cheers.

Hey Jez,

Long time. I'm overnighting in LA. Anywhere close by the airport you'd recommend? Preferably not in Inglewood :D

Cheers.

Hey Duff,

Has been a while :D The forum I was talking about was actually over at Beeradvocate.com - here's a good link to recommended spots near LAX

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3099540

I didn't get a chance to go to drinking anywhere near LAX but the Beeradvocates reckon the lobby bar at 4 points Sheraton at LAX has 10 taps or if you feel like a short cab ride Rock & Brews in El Segundo or Naja's Place about 10 miles away down in Redondo Beach both get good reviews.

Have a nice trip mate. I had an absolute ball.

Jez

Hey Duff,

if you're only overnighting in LA and need to be near LAX I highly recommend grabbing the Big Blue Bus (county run bus line) and head to Santa Monica. Avoid all of LA's nastiness and hang by the beach watching the crazies do their weird thing near the Pier.

PLUS - Santa Monica's:

Library Alehouse (2911 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA) has shedloads of awesome US craft beers (about 20) on tap and when I was there I had a ridiculously extravagant "beer-battered salmon & chips" COR!

and

Father's Office (1018 Montana Avenue, Santa Monica, CA) also has a good (10-20?) selection of excellent craft beers and are known for their good burgers

and

The Daily Pint (2310 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA) have great beers + single malts

and

The Fifth Amendment (129 Broadway, Santa Monica, CA) has about 20 craft beers on tap - top spot - relatively cheap too.

All of this and you don't even have to look at the griminess of downtown LA :)

you'll have a hoot!

Dan

Thanks Dan. I think the 5th Amendment choice would be the go after reading of them over the years. I head over every year to the US and try and find some good brewpubs. A couple of years ago I overnighted at the Holiday Inn at LAX and only made it as far as the hotel bar with SNPA on tap. Didn't have too much time as I was with a few guys and we were visiting around some of the city's best golf courses like Riviera. Last year the conference was in San Diego and there were some good choices there like The Yardhouse. Doc posted a photo of the taps at Yardhouse in this thread. That place was fantastic, so was hoping of something like that in Orlando.

Cheers.

Don't forget Hooter's Duff!
The wings are outstanding ;)
Have Fun
James

Speaking of someone who plays the best golf courses in the US, here's James!! :icon_chickcheers:

What did you shoot at Bethpage??

And yes, I love the hot wings at Hooters :D

Cheers.

Speaking of someone who plays the best golf courses in the US, here's James!! :icon_chickcheers:
What did you shoot at Bethpage??
Cheers.

82 which was good enough to take the cash in Split 6's.

Got caught up in a wild game of Daytonas at The National a couple of days later & looked like having to flee the country until I chipped in on 17 to save the day!
James

Got caught up in a wild game of Daytonas at The National a couple of days later & looked like having to flee the country until I chipped in on 17 to save the day!
James

Now for anyone who reads this, 'The National' James refers to is The National Golf Links of America (NGLA), an epic Charles Blair MacDonald design. CBM, a Scot, is widely regarded as the Godfather of golf course architecture in America.

Kind of like the breweries at Rochefort, Urquell, etc.

Latest posts

Back